I am learning a lot about myself and how I really need to work on patience. It's funny how you think you are a patient person... until you have kids. They know how to exploit all your weaknesses and have them rise to the surface. That's how you improve, though, right? I've also learned to not pray for more patience, unless you are ready for things to just get worse. :0) Prayer does work, I can attest to that! I feel I have improved, but I have so much more to learn (about many things). I was thinking the other day about Heavenly Father and his countless children. I can't even fathom the amount of patience he has. I just have TWO children and I'm struggling sometimes. I guess you have to start somewhere. I really appreciate Elder Uchtdorf's talk on patience from last General Conference. It's one I reflect on often.
Okay, now for the pictures. :0)
Calvin loves stickers. His new thing is putting them ALL on his face. He makes me smile.
I don't know how he thought this position was comfortable, but he just decided to sit like this one day.
This was the cake I made for Calvin's 2nd birthday. Yes, it is not decorated cute. Yes, I feel guilty about it. Yes, I was just too busy to try and experiment with different recipes for frosting. I'm not a fan of frosting in the first place (unless it's cream cheese frosting) so I couldn't bring myself to putting tons of butter and sugar on a cake when I wouldn't even like the taste of it. Lame, I know. I just made a carrot cake with cream cheese frosting all from scratch. It sure tasted good at least. Much better than a cake mix I would have used if I had to take time to decorate it. Maybe this summer I'll try to redeem myself and decorate a cake.More cute pictures...


I really love these next two pics:



Look at how much Levi has grown! He's in 3-6 month clothes and has been for almost a month. He's a big boy weighing 14 pounds at his two-month check-up (he's in the 90th percentile). Calvin was always in the 25th percentile until I started feeding him solids.
Here is a picture of when Levi just came home from the hospital for comparison:
Calvin looks a lot bigger as well! He went through a growth spurt recently and is now in 3T clothes.Babies really are sweet when they sleep! Especially when they are holding a stuffed animal.

9 comments:
WOW! I was just there a month ago and your boys have changed a lot! Don't beat yourself up about a decorated cake. That will all come in time. The cake you made was probably "healthier" than a box cake with decorator's frosting. Thanks for posting all these pictures.
I remember my boys putting stickers all over them. Wait...Thomas still does if I let him. You are correct about patience Lindsay and prayer does work. So does reading scriptures. I also remind myself each day that Family is where Heavenly Father finds his greatest joy. That means I should too. (Some days are easier than others.)
Your boys look happy and that is all that counts at the end of the day.
I have been reading Pres. Uchdorf's talk a lot lately too. Calvin is getting so big! Your boys are adorable!
Why do you feel guilty when he had a totally cute cake for his b-day party? With him being just two, he certainly didn't know any different, and I'm sure Trevor still thinks you are an incredible mom... Now I'm going to feel bad that my kids got Hostess Cupcakes on their b-days and not a homemade carrot cake! :-) HA!
Enjoy this time with little Levi and Calvin and don't stress about things. Time will pass too quickly and before you know it they will be teenagers. I'm grateful for the time I spent playing with my toddlers and holding my babies instead of trying to keep a perfect house or making the perfect meals. I had some older moms counsel me do to that, and I am grateful for that. It is so true... "To everything there is a season..." Love you!
Jen, I didn't make Calvin a cake for his b-day party. We had brownies and ice cream. I know Calvin doesn't care now, but I just hope he doesn't look back at pictures when he's older and say, "Why didn't you make me a cool cake for my second birthday?" I can only do so much, though, and I realize that. It's hard sometimes when you want to be "super mom." :0)
Oh sorry! I thought you made a basketball cake. Still... homemade carrot cake is impressive to me! I don't do cake decorating anymore. I just don't have time, and my kids could care less. They want Texas sheet cake, ice cream sundaes or pie now. Makes life simpler for me! Our mom made those awesome cakes for us... I don't know how she did it! We all want to be supermom... I totally understand!
BTW, that picture of Calvin on the chair is hilarious! I got a good laugh from that one.
Oh yeah, I was originally thinking about making a basketball cake, but then I got realistic and I knew I wouldn't have time to decorate it with all our company here. I wanted to enjoy having family in town more than work on decorating a cake.
So true about praying for patience! Everything just blows up! I guess Heavenly Father thinks I'm capable of keeping my patience in situations when everything is going wrong. I still haven't succeeded. But I do feel like I've gotten a little better, which is reassuring. Our children are good teachers!
Love all the sweet pictures...what a beautiful family you have.
Aww! They are getting so big!!!!
Post a Comment