Wednesday, July 21, 2010

My Birthday!

Well, today is my birthday and I have some time to write an update. Right now I'm looking at Levi who is smiling and cooing at me--couldn't think of a better birthday present! Calvin is taking a good nap--probably the best birthday present he could give me.

This morning Trevor made fabulous whole-wheat buttermilk pancakes with a fresh strawberry, blueberry, and raspberry topping. Needless to say it was awesome!

Calvin, Levi, and I headed to the park this morning. The weather is beautiful outside! I think we might head to the park again for dinner tonight.

This has also been an emotional day for me because my Grandma Walker is not doing well and we expect her to pass away any moment. I was initially hoping she wouldn't pass away on my birthday, but at this point, I just want the Lord's will and for her to go when it's time. I am so grateful for the knowledge that death is not the end and I will see my Grandma again. I will certainly miss her, but I'm glad for the time I got to spend with her while going to BYU. I will treasure those memories always.

Well, Calvin woke up so I need to go. I'd better publish this before I get sidetracked. I'll post lots more pictures sooner than later.

4 comments:

Jen said...

Sounds like a fun birthday! That is a nice picture of Gramma and Grampa.

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday Lindsay. It does sound like the best birthday. It almost is as good as your 11th birthday when I took you to get your ears pierced and then you came with me to hang out at the airport :-).

I agree that is a nice picture of Grandma & Grandpa!

Lindsay said...

That picture was taken at Tom and Bethany's wedding outside the temple. So that was around 5-6 years ago?

Leah Florence said...

Happy Birthday. It's nice to reflect on your birthday and realize that you have what's important..a family.