Wednesdays have been quite eventful for us in January so far. The first week, I was carrying Levi at 6 am to go feed him. I was not quite awake and it was still somewhat dark in our family room, and I tripped over our Christmas tree box and fell onto our computer desk. Thankfully Levi was fine, but I had a big gash under my chin and had to get stitches. It didn't help that we switched to a different health coverage plan this year (thank you government for making our health insurance worse because of the law passed recently).
The next Wednesday, Levi was by the pantry door while I was cooking dinner and Calvin shut the door pinching Levi's fingers in the door-hinge. Oh boy did he howl, and I was crying because I felt so bad it happened. I called Trevor and told him I needed him to come home right away. We went to Urgent Care (another great use of our health insurance...) and thankfully nothing was severed or broken. I felt so awful, but I know Calvin didn't do it on purpose and it was just one of those unfortunate incidents.
This past Wednesday, I was trying to get Calvin more interested in potty training so we watched a video about it. After watching the video, he decided to flush a plastic ball down the toilet. It took Trevor and I about an hour to get it out (had to take the toilet apart and tip it upside down and run water from a hose through it). Even though it wasn't fun, it beat paying for a plumber to do it! Oh the joys! At least if it ever happens again we will know what to do. I think I'm going to hold off on potty training for a little bit longer. :0) At least no one got hurt this time!
I'm kind of afraid of what will happen this coming Wednesday. I'm going to be praying it's an uneventful day! :0)
First week of Christmas
6 years ago

1 comment:
Woah! After all that you deserve an ordinary day! These stories are definitely candidates for family re-tellings in the future. You'll be laughing about it all before you know it... even though I am sure it's not funny right now!
Post a Comment