Sunday, February 12, 2012

Calvinisms

I'm glad I wrote these down because I would never remember them otherwise.

Calvin seriously makes me laugh every day. The things he comes up with are sometimes so random it takes me a while to understand his train of thought.


Lindsay: "Why do you want to go to Trader Joe's Calvin?"
Calvin: "Because it makes me so HAPPY!" (I don't blame him--he gets stickers, food samples, and a sucker every time he goes)

Trevor: "Calvin, do you want anything besides chocolate?"
Calvin: "Yes"
Trevor: "What do you want"
Calvin: "Anything!" (thanks Calvin, you really helped us out there...)

Calvin: "Hey Mommy! I ate all my ice cream! Now I get a marble!" (marbles are our reward system)
Lindsay: "You don't get a marble for eating your ice cream."
Calvin: "What's my prize then?"

Lindsay: "Why can't you walk right now Calvin?" (we were going on a walk)
Calvin: "Because bees will come and knock me down!"

Calvin: "Mommy, what do these letters say?" (while looking at his Captain Hook sword)
Lindsay: "It says "China."
Calvin, "No, it doesn't, it says 'sword.' (he says it really slow like he is sounding it out)

Calvin: "Levi, can you say 'mommy?'"
Levi: "Mommy"
Calvin: "Levi, can you say 'daddy?'"
Levi: "Daddy"
Calvin: "Levi, can you say 'Optimus Prime?'"

Lindsay: "Drink your smoothie Calvin."
Calvin: "I don't want to."
Lindsay: "Why? It's really good for you."
Calvin: "No it's not. It's really bad for me. If I drink the smoothie, it will go into my stomach and knock into my bones."
(Thankfully, he has recently decided that he likes smoothies again :) )

Calvin has two imaginary friends. One is named Jilly who is a green monster. The other is a green grasshopper named Klink. Can you tell green is his favorite color? He also nicknamed our car "car car." We tried to tell him his name is Kody, but he still insists on calling him "car car."

Calvin has decided that Trevor's parents are Grandma and Grandpa Blue. He has a Grandma and Grandpa Black, so I guess it's only logical to have blue ones too :).

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I still love the Grandma & Grandpa Blue! My kids never did that.

Davin Sharp said...

Wow, that's a good imagination. I wonder what he will say when he is my age.