Wednesday, April 9, 2008

So how much longer?

Whenever I am asked this question, sometimes I instinctively want to say, "about one week!" thinking they are referring to school. Then I stop myself and realize they are talking about until Calvin comes. Then I don't know what to tell them because I really don't know how much longer. It could be 3 to 5 weeks, maybe even 2 to 6 weeks for all I know. After having all these thoughts run through my head I just say "4 weeks left!" It's coming so soon and now it is really starting to hit me how soon I will be giving birth and how much I have left to do before he comes. I'm slowly picking away at my list and hopefully everything will somehow get done (as it always somehow manages to do!).

Can I just tell you how excited I am to graduate!?! It doesn't seem real that I only have two more class lectures left... EVER!!! I love school and feel very blessed to have received the education I did, but I am ready to move on to the next phase in my life and gain a different kind of education. I really appreciated Elder Ballard's talk in General Conference given to mothers. I want to take his advice and make it a goal to always be working on at least one or two projects of some kind that enrich my life. I love learning and don't want to stop even though my formal education has ended.

Tonight we went to a Statistics graduate student social at the Bombay House (Indian cuisine). It was sooooo good and there was so much food there! Trevor and I love to eat there, but don't go very often because even when we split a meal we still spend more than we usually do when we go out to eat. We are excited for Friday where we are attending another closing social/celebration (more free food!). This one is for all graduating students at BYU.

Sorry my thoughts are kind of scattered in this blog entry. I blame it all on the pregnancy hormones! :0)

6 comments:

Steven said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Steven said...

Sorry, I had to figure out how to have links and accidentally hit the publish key and had to delete the comment because it didn't make any sense.

So only 4 more weeks until you go through Travail? I was always told that this word never described what it truly was like to give birth. Even in my last ward, some sisters thought that John just didn't understand what it was like. Well in my Old Testament class this month we were going though the book of Isiah, chapter 53. If you read the whole chapter, Isiah is talking about Christ and His Atonement. In verse 11 it says that during the Atonement he shall see the travail of his soul. All of a sudden that word means a lot more. My teacher talked about how we have to born of Christ to become His seed (verse 10, also John chapter 3). I'm not going to get as graphic as my teacher said, but giving birth is typifying Christ Atonement on a much smaller scale. Just as blood and water(when the spear pierced His side) were shed during the Atonement, during birth these same things happen. Then as a baby is pulled through, Christ is on the other side of the veil pulling us through to join Him in His Father's Kingdom. I know I didn't give this as much justice as my teacher made it seemed, but I thought you would like to know. Luckily you will have some pain medication, but when you think about how bad the contractions are, you will in a better way, than I will, come to understand the Great suffering Christ had to bear.

Jen said...

I really appreciated Elder Ballard's talk, too. Probably my favorite one... well, one of them. It is very exciting with all that is going on. You are very blessed! Don't forget to take big belly pictures!! He will love them later on as you tell him of what it was like to carry him inside. Wish we were closer to celebrate all these milestones!

Sarah said...

Good luck Lindsay! I am sure just getting through school it the first thing on your mind, and THEN when people ask how much longer you will give them the exact number until your due date. It is perfectly understandable.

Maria and Ryan said...

Lindsay, I just love you. And I love your scattered thoughts because they very much resemble my scattered pregnant thoughts. And I love the Bombay House and am amazingly jealous that you still get to go there. Naan! Ahhhhh yum. P.S. Also I love the name Calvin--have I mentioned that? (pss-did you know this is Maria? Just making sure.)

Lindsay said...

Hi Maria! I knew it was you posting a comment. We love the name Calvin as well! If you ever come to Utah to visit we will have to go to the Bombay House!