Calvin is growing and getting so much bigger every day! His two new favorite things are clapping his hands together and waving bye-bye (sometimes he evens says "bye-bye"). He's also getting better at crawling. It's a half-army-scoot-half-crawling motion he does now. He can also sit-up from a crawling position. I took him to the doctor for his 9-month check-up last week and he is doing great. He's in the 75th percentile for height! He has two bottom teeth, but it will only be a matter of time before he gets more.
My classes are going well. I really enjoy interacting with my students during lecture. They give insightful comments and ask great questions. It makes me happy that they aren't afraid to say they don't understand something. I know as a student I never wanted to feel dumb and say I didn't understand or ask the teacher to explain that again, but I find it really helps me as a teacher know how much of the lecture they are retaining and what we need to focus on during the lectures.
We had a great Valentines Day! Trevor and I went and saw the movie Coraline while Summer babysat Calvin (thanks again Summer!). We got to see it in "3-D" which was awesome! The animation was really cool to see and even though 3-D movies have lots of room for improvement, it was amazing to watch. It was a really interesting/creepy/intense movie. Unfortunately, even though it's PG, I think it was a little too dark for kids and there was an inappropriate scene.
Yesterday for dinner we made stuffed peppers, steamed zucchini, garlic french bread, and banana cream pie. It was such a good dinner! We added some extra stuff to the peppers like onion, garlic, tomato, basil, oregano, and had shredded pork instead of ground beef. We will definitely be making those again!
Sorry we don't have any new pictures to post, but we will be sure to post pictures tomorrow!
First week of Christmas
6 years ago

1 comment:
I can't believe all that Calvin is doing now. I feel like he is growing up so fast.
That dinner sounds SOOOOO good. I'll have to try it sometime as well. I haven't had food like that for awhile it feels like. Thanks for the idea :)
Post a Comment