Dear Calvin,
It is possible you are turning one year old already?!?!? Oh how time flies! You have been a source of joy and happiness ever since you became a part of our family. Your dad and I feel extremely blessed that you are our first-born and the oldest sibling to all your future brothers and/or sisters. You will be a great example to them in their lives of how to be righteous and happy. You have already taught me so much and have been a great example to me. You are teaching me how to find joy in the simple things of life.
I don’t think a day has gone by that you have not made me smile or laugh. Even people who have never met you before always comment about what a happy child you are! Always—I’m not exaggerating. You have a gift for making others happy. I also get asked a lot if you ever cry. Well, you do cry I can assure you of that, but never very often or for very long. I was very spoiled having you as my first child!
I also love going on adventures with you. We both love to get out of the house and you are very good at sitting in the shopping cart or stroller for long periods of time. We have been on many different adventures so far in your short life. You’ve been to Alcatraz, Monterey Bay Aquarium, Golden Gate Park/Bridge, Muir Woods, Stanford University, Utah State Fair, Seattle, and Arizona only to name a few. We plan to go on many more adventures in your lifetime!
Your father and I love you so much. We are so happy that you will forever be a part of our family. We try to be good parents, but please forgive us when we make mistakes. I can’t wait to see what you will do with your life and what you will accomplish.
Love,
Mom
Here's a video I put together of some highlights from the past year. Hope you enjoy!
Note: Once you start playing the movie, if you want you can click on "HQ" to get a higher quality picture and sound. Only do it, though, if you have a pretty fast Internet connection speed.
First week of Christmas
6 years ago

9 comments:
Loved the video! Hard to believe he is one! Wish we lived closer... thank goodness for blogs to watch him growing up! You are blessed with a happy boy!
that video is great! happy bday calvin :o)
Such a sweet letter. Doesn't that first year go by sooo fast. The video was so good. It's easy to see you have a very happy family. I loved the end of the video with Calvin laughing. Too cute!
Happy Birthday Calvin! We love you!!!
That's an awesome video! Happy Birthday!
I loved your letter to Calvin. He is such a sweet boy! I can't believe he's one already. You've had quite a year - and it went so fast! Great video! These blogs are wonderful journal entries.
K, this may be strange, but I found myself with my eyes getting misty after reading the letter and watching the video. SO sweet! You guys are awesome parents, and you have an amazingly sweet little feller there!
Wow! Time flys by! He is a cute and sweet little boy!
That video made me teary eyed. What an incredible year, Calvin really does have a gift for making people happy.
Post a Comment