Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween Fun

This weekend Trevor's parents and sister, Summer, came to visit us. We had a wonderful time with them and of course they had a wonderful time with Calvin! :0) He is such a good boy and has the sweetest disposition (well, he also gets into plenty of trouble and tests mommy's patience at times, but we love him just the same!).


Here is our cute puppy for Halloween! This was a Goodwill special that I got for $6 brand new. Calvin saw it in the store and kept saying, "dog! dog!" over and over again. I let him hold it and he wouldn't let go of it for the longest time.


Last Saturday our church ward had a Halloween party/Trunk-or-treat and we all had a great time. There were so many kids running around and Calvin loved all the commotion.


On Halloween night we took Calvin trick-or-treating to a few houses. He liked knocking on the doors and was pretty good about grabbing a piece of candy (or two), putting it in his bucket, and saying, "bye-bye!" He also wanted to go into the homes when they opened the door. I think he had lots of fun. I'm looking forward to the next few years when he really starts to understand how trick-or-treating works!


One reason Trevor's family came to see us was to bring the completed cross-stitch Trevor's mom made us. We can't get over how beautiful this picture is and feel honored to hang it in our home. It was originally going in Calvin's room, but we decided it needs to be hung in a more prominent place in our house to give it the respect it deserves.

The original painting is by James Christensen and is called "Faery Tales." There are 22 fairy tales depicted. We put Calvin next to it to give you some perspective. We love all the many bright colors. This is definitely going to be a family heirloom!


271,975 total "x's" which puts the total number of stitches at 543,950 (because every cross requires two stitches).


We also went to Stanford University yesterday because Summer had never been there before.  That campus is beautiful.

Man, am I really looking that pregnant at 5 months already?!?!

 
Here are some other cute/random pictures we took this weekend.

 
We are also discovering Calvin is mildly obsessed with dogs. Every time he sees one (real or not) he gets super excited. One time I went into his room to wake him up and I found him using his stuffed dog as a pillow. It was so sweet!

13 comments:

Steven said...

Calvin looks so cute in his costume! I wonder if he will want to wear it everyday now. That's an amazing sewing. Did it come with a description of all of the different tales? I was zooming in and couldn't figure out what tale that orange creature in the water was from.

Heindogs said...

WOW! That is the cutest little dog I have ever seen!!!! What a steal of a deal at $6!I love your pregenant belly!!!! That was an AMAZING cross stitch! I don't blame ya for wanting it in a prominent place!

Jen said...

I agree that he was the cutest dog I've ever seen. That is a fun age. You are so cute with your pregnant belly... each pregnancy it gets bigger faster. That sewing is incredible! I remember when she was working on it at Calvin's blessing. Wow!

Kathryn said...

Thanks for the post!!! It was fun to see Calvin all dressed up in his dog costume. I agree, he is so cute. He has an addicting smile I've noticed. Also that artwork is amazing. I remember when she first started it. It's absolutely beautiful...

Brooke said...

Calvin makes the cutest puppy! And I love that last picture of him sleeping on the stuffed dog. So adorable! Your mother in law's cross stitch is AMAZING! Such detail! How fun.

Sarah said...

I can't believe how big Calvin is getting. It is fun when they start to "get it". Love the counted cross stich. I don't think my hands would make that. (They would cramp up.) With all the babies your MIL is going to be a busy lady the next few years.

Lindsay said...

Steven - the orange fish in the water is from "The Fisherman and his Wife." If you google it (or Bing it as Trevor would say) the Grimm story is one of the first hits you get.

GordonandChrissy said...

So, I was thinking "Wow, she looks so little still!" So ... I think it's all perspective. You look great!

And, like everyone has already said, Calvin is adorable in that costume! I can't believe it was $6! Way to go. :)

Heather Melo said...

Love the pictures! How fun my parents and Summer were able to visit! Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy! Oh, and Calvin was adorable as a dog!

Leah Florence said...

it looks like you guys had so much fun! Calvin is getting so big and of course so cute! I can't get over how adorable that dog costume is.It sounds like you guys are doing really well and Hank and I want to come visit sometime now!! We miss you. Sam loves dogs too...funny uh?

Martha said...

I haven't checked for a while so it was fun to read about your being pregnant with boy #2!! How exciting! Hope things are going well for you guys.

Trevor said...

Spoiler!

Here's a picture with all of the stories in the painting and where they are.

Anonymous said...

Holy Moly! That stitchery is a work of art! I hope you took a picture of Grandma standing next to her masterpiece. What a beautiful heirloom for your family. I'm glad you're giving it a prominent place to hang. She is a master stitcher!

I just love Calvin in his dog costume. Such a happy dog!

It sounds like a fun weekend for your family- cause "It's always fun, for everyone, when grandma (grandpa) comes!"