Over the Christmas break we misplaced our camera (on the last day we were there so I didn't have time to look for it). Hopefully Trevor's parents can find it otherwise we are going to have to buy another camera really soon. Hence the only pictures I have are ones taken from Trevor's phone. So even though they aren't the greatest quality, it's all we have right now.
We had a great Christmas break with Trevor's family! We surprised them by coming a whole day earlier than planned. Trevor had to work remotely the next day, but it was fun for me and Calvin to be somewhere new!
I don't know who was more grateful--Calvin or his parents that the trip was only 5 1/2 hours. I can't complain, though, because Calvin is a good traveler. He can sit in his car seat for 3 hour stretches before complaining (are we terrible parents?). After 6 hours total, though, he starts to get pretty upset he's still strapped in his chair.
Calvin LOVED playing the piano. Too bad it might be at least a year or two before I save up enough money to get a digital piano. Pretty much all our savings right now are going toward a down payment for a house.
We also liked going for walks in Grandma and Grandpa's cool wagon! The weather in Camarillo is so beautiful. You could not help but want to go outside.
Grandpa Sam and Calvin cuddling. Calvin knows how to get on Grandpa's good side! :0)
Christmas morning was fun! Lots of presents and energetic kids. I think these sunglasses were Alicey's or Olivia's?
I made the Black family's traditional Christmas tree pull-apart with some minor adjustments (this picture didn't really turn out, but it's the only one I have). One adjustment was putting crushed pecans on top along with maraschino cherries--something I'm going to keep doing in the future. They were really good and gone really fast.
Calvin loved his presents and wanted to open each one to play with it after he unwrapped it. Thanks to all his Grandpas and Grandmas, aunts, and uncles for getting him such great gifts!
Trevor and I also celebrated our fourth wedding anniversary over the break. We saw the movie "The Princess and the Frog" and went to the Cheesecake Factory where Trevor's brother Hank works. It was the first time either of us had been there and we had a great time (I did find the length of their menu overwhelming, so it was a good thing we got suggestions of what to order)! Later that evening we went miniature golfing. It was a lot of fun doing things that we can't do with Calvin (sorry Calvin, we still love you!).
We took Calvin to the park and he had a ball going down the slides as many times as he could.

Trevor's parents also have a New Year's Eve party every year where they play games and have prizes for everyone. I got first place this year! Usually I'm not a competitive person, but once I saw that I had a shot at winning, I let that side of me come out. It was a really fun night (and not just because I won)!

3 comments:
Looks like Christmas was amazing!!! I can't believe how big Calvin is!! And if you are terrible parents for making your child sit in a car seat for 3 hours strait...then...I would be a worse than terrible parent..on our trips to Montana, there have been times when the boys didn't get out of their seats at all...
so many good memories! We miss you guys already but are excited to see you when Levi comes!
What a fun Christmas! I'm sure the weather in Camarillo was wonderful over the break. :)
How are you all liking your new place? Feeling settled in?
And we love Cheesecake Factory too, but it IS overwhelming. They have EVERYTHING there. I've only been about 3-4 times in my life, but everything I've had there has been amazing. That would be a fun place to work. :)
Post a Comment