Monday, February 8, 2010

37 Weeks and Counting!

I realized recently that I have very few pictures of me during this pregnancy. This is me at 37 weeks. We are all anxiously awaiting our little one's arrival! I get told a lot that I don't look like I'm that far along. When people told me that while pregnant with Calvin, it used to really worry me that he wasn't growing/developing correctly (just ask Trevor). Now it doesn't bother me, but I still don't know how to respond to that comment (This is just how I carry my children?).

People also ask me if I'm "ready" and I don't really know how to respond to that either. Are you ever fully ready for labor, delivery and the sleepless nights ahead of you? I guess I'm ready, but it seems there is always something else that needs to be done to prepare for the birth. Just keeping the house clean is a task that never seems to be fully done.

Last Friday, Trevor's cousin Julie invited us to her son's birthday party at Chuck E Cheese's. Calvin had the time of his life. He didn't even need tokens. He was happy running everywhere, going down the slide, and sitting on all the games without them actually running. Thanks for inviting us Julie!



Calvin's favorite thing to do is go to the park. He LOVES going down the slides and playing in the sand. We got him a sand bucket and shovel recently and he could sit there and play for a really long time. I just wish it would stop raining so we could go to the park more often!

Just a cute picture. Calvin decided to smear his food in his hair, so Trevor washed it with a rag and had fun spiking it.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sarah said...

Ok...that picture of Calvin at the park is a Thomas face!

You carry your babies further towards your back like I do. It is a Black trait.

I can't believe you are that far along. Since we don't see you it is hard to keep up with time. I know though that you are counting the weeks. Everything seems to work out. Can't wait to see my new nephew!

GordonandChrissy said...

Congratulations, you're almost there! You look great, Lindsay, and I agree ... I don't think you're ever really "ready" for the baby to come, but definitely excited for him to come.

I hope you get some warmer weather so you can head to the park!

Trevor said...

Hey Charli, sorry to delete your comment, we're just not sure who you are. Could you please identify yourself to us? Thanks! -Trevor

Jen said...

You look great! I had no idea you were so far along! You are in our thoughts and prayers!

Anonymous said...

Woo-Hoo! #13 will be here soon! You look wonderful, Lindsay. You have that "glow" about you. My goodness, Calvin is changing to much! He looks so much older than when we saw him at Thanksgiving. hang in there... this, too, will pass - and then the work begins!

Heindogs said...

You look amazing! I wish you still lived here so we could watch Calvin while you napped with the baby! Good luck!!!!

Rachel and Vico said...

You make a really cute pregnant lady, Lindsay :)