Friday, March 5, 2010

Past Due...

Well, I guess I shouldn't be too surprised I went past my due date.  I was secretly wishing this pregnancy was going to be different than Calvin's and that I would go early or at least "on time."  Alas, I think my body is a "perfectionist" and wants to make sure everything is completely developed before handing my son over to me.  I realize that's a good thing.  I know there are much worse things than going over your due date and I don't mean to complain.  My hormones are out of whack and it just makes everything seem worse than it is.

Calvin is rapidly turning into a 'toddler' and no longer a 'baby.'  His vocabulary is exploding and while I still can't understand most of his (cute) gibberish, I'm amazed at how much better we have gotten at communicating, which makes being with him more fun in my opinion.  It's really cute because he says 'no' really well but he won't say 'yes' (or 'yeah' or anything to resemble it).  He shrugs his shoulders to say 'yes.'  We've tried many times to get him to say it but he just won't.  He's also started throwing temper tantrums if he doesn't get his way.  Boy is that fun...  I can see why some parents cave in to these tantrums because it does seem a lot easier at the time, but I'm learning to just hold my ground and then he eventually stops and life is back to being hunky dory.

Calvin loves to go to the park and play in the sand and go down the slides.  I feel blessed that even though it rains a lot during the winter where we live, when it's sunny outside we can still enjoy the park. He loves playing with balls, cars, phones, music, coloring, play dough, bubbles, shape sorters, and other typical things children are interested in.  He also loves watching movies.  His favorites include "Sesame Street Presents: Follow that Bird" and "The Muppet Movie."  He is also obsessed with Elmo.  I try not to let him watch too much, but it's been hard the past couple weeks when I've been so tired and don't feel well.

Sorry no pictures this post.  I'm sure I'll have tons the next time I post which I'm planning will be after our son is born!

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

I wish you the BEST this upcoming week. I can't believe all these changes that are happening right now for your family. I can't even imagine Calvin as a toddler. How fun he must be :)