On Wednesday evening, Trevor was feeling pretty burned out from work. He's been working really hard fixing LOTS of bugs and just needed a break. So he decided to take Thursday off so we could go do something together as a family. I feel so blessed that he is able to do that. I know that is a luxury--especially in this economy. We decided to go to the Oakland Zoo as we hadn't been there yet and Calvin and I got a discount because of our Happy Hollow passes. It was perfect weather for the zoo, although I felt terrible because I forgot the sunblock (I never think about it during the winter...). At least no one was burned, just a little bit of color.
I know this next picture is blurry, but it's the only one I have of Calvin and Levi running around the stroller chasing each other which felt like pure happiness to me. I guess this makes up for the multiple times they scream at each other, push and poke one another, and try to take each others toys.
Looking at the monkeys climbing in the tree.
We asked Calvin what he liked at the zoo and his favorite were the monkeys. I think Levi just enjoyed walking around (he didn't want to sit in his stroller unless forced).
Last Sunday we decided to just dump all the rest of our Halloween candy on the kitchen table and let the kids just have at it. The rest we were going to give to Trevor's work. Actually, Levi thought it was a really fun game to throw all the candy away. I wonder if he thought he could save it for later? Calvin enjoyed opening a piece of candy, taking a lick or small bite and then throwing the rest away. Most of it ended up in the trash which I was grateful for.
Later that night we learned that was probably one of the stupidest things we've done in a while. I honestly didn't think they ate too much candy, but they were both up during the night sooo sick. I did not sleep well that night. I guess when you don't eat any candy even a little is too much for a small body. Boy did I learn my lesson!







2 comments:
Such cute, cute and great pictures! I can't wait to cuddle my 2 little grandsons in just a few short weeks.
Stay healthy and happy.
Hey, I like you new family photo at the top! I love the pictures of your boys - Trevor included! What a fun family day for you.
Post a Comment