This is the part of the song that I'm referring to specifically:
When I see depressing creatures
With unprepossessing features
I remind them on their own behalf
To think of
Celebrated heads of state or
Specially great communicators
Did they have brains or knowledge?
Don't make me laugh!
They were popular! Please -
It's all about popular!
It's not about aptitude
It's the way you're viewed
So it's very shrewd to be
Very very popular
Like me!
With unprepossessing features
I remind them on their own behalf
To think of
Celebrated heads of state or
Specially great communicators
Did they have brains or knowledge?
Don't make me laugh!
They were popular! Please -
It's all about popular!
It's not about aptitude
It's the way you're viewed
So it's very shrewd to be
Very very popular
Like me!
By the way, here's the entire song if you've never heard it before and have 5 minutes:

3 comments:
Thanks Lindsay. I have never seen that musical before. Do you have the soundtrack or did you see it performed?
I've heard most of the soundtrack but have never seen it performed. That song is one of my favorites from the musical.
it's SOO true! great musical by the way, i'm still sad that i lost my cd...guess what I want for christmas!
Post a Comment