
So Trevor grew up in a family that always had a real Christmas tree, whereas my family had a fake one. It really meant a lot to Trevor to have a real tree this year and I didn't want to worry about moving it when we leave, so we bought a real tree! Now I understand why people like real trees--they smell SO GOOD!!! I love coming home and getting a whiff of our tree. Calvin even likes looking at the tree. Good thing he's not too mobile yet so he can't crawl over and yank on the tree!
In 1995 my family started a tradition where my parents gave each of us an ornament to symbolize something for that year. I've really enjoyed this tradition and plan on continuing it with my family. It's great because now Trevor and I have lots of ornaments to put on our tree and almost all of them mean something to us. Thanks mom and dad for the great tradition!
Some of you know I was working on making homemade candy garland for the last, oh, 6 weeks or so (maybe even longer...). I finally made enough to feel like I could put it on the tree. I still need to make more, but it probably won't be finished until next Christmas. It's made out of polymer clay (the kind you bake and it hardens). The gumdrops I bought for a filler because otherwise it would take twice as long to make this much garland.

It's definitely far from perfect, but at least I can say I made it (well, made most of it...).


8 comments:
Okay Lindsay...that is seriously the coolest garland I have ever seen. I am totally jealous. You MUST teach me how to make some for my tree. It looks so real and bright and colorful and your tree is beautiful.
I love it! That garland is awesome! It's great to make things like that now while you have extra time. I made our tree skirt when I was very pregnant with Dustin and I'm so glad I did that then, so I can say I made it.
Your tree is beautiful!
The garland turned out great! And you said it needed some touch up, I think it looks fantastic. It makes me want to actually make some next year...
That looks so good! I'm very impressed. :) And I agree, a real tree smells SOOO great. My family had fakes ones growing up as well, so when we got married we decided we'd always get a real tree. Until this year ... it's just a tad bit busy this holiday season so we just put up a little fake one. :)
I love that candy garland! That is awesome.
I love the garland. The candy looks real! Great job!
That candy garland is very impressive!!! I don't think I'd ever have the patience for that...
Wow, Lindsay, I love the garland! Okay, you've inspired me. I really want to make one - I think it's something our children would love to put up on the tree each year. Where did you buy the gumdrops (are they plastic?) and how did you make the different candies? (I've worked with FIMO before, but how did you get the stripes in the candy?)
What a fun project!
Post a Comment