Sunday, December 28, 2008

Merry Christmas!

What a fun and busy week we've had! Trevor's parents came into town for a big family reunion this week. I think the estimated number of people there was around 125. It was a BIG reunion and tons of fun!

On Tuesday we went to Salt Lake to see the Temple Christmas lights with all of Trevor's extended family (one of the activities for the family reunion). We first ate dinner at Crown Burger and then walked over to Temple Square. Calvin was a good sport through it all. I think he liked looking at all the lights although he probably wished it was warmer outside. We bundled him up as best we could.
Calvin underneath four blankets, sweaters, hats, gloves, etc.

I just love this picture!


Temple square!


It was extremely cold outside, but still there were people there without coats on and some people even in shorts! I think they were absolutely crazy!

Us walking over to see the lights from Crown Burger.


On Wednesday we went Tubing down Soldier Hollow with all of Trevor's family. It was so much fun, and once again it was extremely cold in Heber, UT. We saw the temperature at one point was around zero degrees. What is really cool about this place is that they have a "ski-lift" for your tubes so you just sit in your tube and they pull you up the hill. Lazy, I know... but I didn't hear anyone complaining.

Later that evening we had a Christmas dinner and program which was really nice.

This boy LOVES spoons! I gave him a plastic one to play with while he was in his booster seat and he sat there for over an hour just playing with it! He has never before been interested in any toy for that long.
Everyone waiting for dinner to be served.


Trevor and Alicey

Calvin and his Grandma. I thought this was a really cute picture.

Christmas morning we went to Heather's to open gifts and have a wonderful breakfast.

We went over to Mandy's home Christmas afternoon and had dinner, played Ticket to Ride, and watched movies. Calvin decided he didn't like the outfit he was wearing and wet himself. Us being the prepared parents that we are did not bring an extra outfit for him. Thankfully Mandy happened to have an extra outfit at her home. Doesn't he look great in pink? Too bad we'll never buy him pink clothes. ;0)

Calvin and his mommy cuddling. These are rare but cherished moments in time.

Trevor's mom said she was going to make pull-apart for Christmas morning and I told her about our family tradition of a Christmas tree pull apart. It reminded me of being home.

On Friday we had a "Holiday Idol" talent show. Trevor and I did a "Math Lesson" which really threw everyone. If you want to see the original sketch you can see it below. It's pretty funny.


Other random stuff that I want to record before I forget...

Calvin's nicknames:
Mr. Calvin
Mr. Calvin Pants
Cal-Cal
The Little Man
The Great Bambino (well, okay, I don't use this one... but I should)

Calvin has also officially entered "Stranger Danger." He doesn't like other people holding him and begins to cry if he realizes someone is holding him who is not his parents. This may very well be the parents' fault for not having more people hold him when he was younger. Oh well, live and learn right?

He also loves singing and especially loves primary songs. Some of his favorites are "The Wise Man and the Foolish Man" (I think it's because I tickle him during this song) and "Popcorn Popping" (the only way I can get him to sit still while putting him in his car seat is to sing this song).

In other news, I (Lindsay) got a job teaching two Introductory Statistics courses at UVU this next semester! I'm really excited about it! The classes are only a couple nights a week and so Trevor can watch Calvin while I'm gone. I'll be busy preparing next week, but it should be lots of fun!

4 comments:

GordonandChrissy said...

What a fun Christmas! That picture of Calvin in his car seat with that huge smile is adorable!!!

And congrats on the new job! That's great that it's in the evenings so Calvin gets to be with his Daddy. :) Good luck! I'm sure you'll do great!

Heather Melo said...

Wow what a thorough post! I loved all the pictures and good job again on Trevor's and your "math lesson". We LOVED it!

Kathryn said...

What a fun holiday week! So many exciting things going on. I love the pictures you posted, and the "math lesson" is hilarious! I'll have to remember that. I'm sure I'll need it one day :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for your update and PICTURES! This helps me see my dear Calvin and his growth. This was a great post! Keep it up!

You'll be a great teacher at UVU - it runs in the genes. I bet your students act better than my 3rd graders! Well, they better!

I'm so glad that Grandma and Grandpa Florence were able to spend time with you ar Christmas. It's always good to be with family during the holidays.