One afternoon, Kathryn stopped by my parents home and we had a dance party. She brought a lot of instruments, flags, and scarves for nieces and nephews and turned up the music (she's a music therapist)! Everyone had a great time!


Calvin even had a good time!
Calvin really enjoyed playing with all of Grandma's toys. He also enjoyed playing with his cousins. I think they were less intimidating than Uncles/Aunts/Grandparents because they are "smaller people."
This was a hat that his cousin Jessica made, but ran out of yarn. Calvin didn't really care to wear it, but his cousins thought it was so funny when he wore it so they kept putting it on him.
We went to the Hamilton Pool in Chandler, AZ. I couldn't believe how cheap it was! The pools in Utah are almost four times the cost! Calvin really liked swimming once he got over the initial shock of the water. He loved splashing and going down the "lazy river" as they call it.
He also really liked the kiddie section and putting his hand under the fountain as shown above.

I can't remember why I took this picture. I think I was trying to cheer Calvin up because he likes the camera. Apparently it worked! :0)
Ah! He finally fell asleep for about 30 minutes on the car ride home. It was a long 12 hours for the both of us, but we made it through it!Don't be deceived by all these happy faces. :0) I had to take a picture of Calvin when he wasn't happy. I think the funny thing about this picture is my dad is sleeping though his crying. I think Calvin had a hard time being away from everything he knew, most importantly his daddy. We tried to make the best of it! As long as mom was in sight he was okay. If I left the room for even a split second we had a major meltdown on our hands. I even had to walk around the front of the car in order to get him out of his car seat just so he could keep an eye on me.

The day we drove back to Utah, we went to a picnic for Computer Science BYU Alumni at Rock Canyon Park. It was good food and we were just glad to be together again as a family!
Calvin was so happy to see Trevor. They really are good buddies. 
Here is Calvin sporting his new suit we recently got him. He is looking so grown up!


Last Sunday we went to my Grandparents house for a family dinner. Calvin really liked the grass.


I also couldn't pass up the opportunity to get a four-generation picture. These are my mom's parents.



3 comments:
My favorite is Calvin the car crying with Grandpa asleep next to him.
It was great to see you!
Such cute pictures. He is adorable, Lindsay! His smile reminds me of Spencer's and it's just so cute!
I am taking Spencer to visit my family this summer, and I'm wondering how it will go without Daddy as well. I'm glad you made it, and still had a good time! :)
I so enjoyed your visit to AZ. The weather held out for you, too. Too bad Calvin won't remember any of these wonderful memories. I love the pictures of your week here. All of Calvin's fussing on the drive to Provo didn't bother me at all! Calvin is such a good baby -except when traveling...
Post a Comment