
I gave Calvin his first hair cut (with clippers) this past week. It was kind of a spur of the moment decision only because I was tired of it being uneven. I was a little surprised he wasn't afraid of the clippers (he can be a really sensitive little boy sometimes) and allowed me to cut it. Granted he moved his head a lot and it isn't the greatest cut, but it's a lot better than it used to be. This is the "after shot." I forgot to get a "before shot." I guess you can look at the picture below this one.
I'm also surprised by how many people ask me where Calvin gets his red hair from (while I'm right next to him). I guess my hair doesn't look that red, but I still find it humorous when I tell them I have red hair and to see their reaction.Calvin is slightly afraid of rotating fans. We think this is because when he was first introduced to one, Trevor thought it would be fun to speak into and get up real close. Apparently Calvin didn't find it so fun. He's getting better, though, and at least we can put one in his room for those warm evenings without him crying.

One day Calvin decided to climb inside of his truck all by himself. It's actually not meant to be ridden like this (you have to put the seat down in the back first), but he loved it and enjoyed being pushed around. You can always tell when he's excited or likes something when he sticks his tongue out!
We went to Sears today to get pictures taken of Calvin. They turned out better than I expected (While she was taking the pictures I didn't think they would turn out very good). If you want to see the pictures I think you can click on this link: Calvin's Photo Shoot. Let me know if it doesn't work. It was kind of comical that right before we got them taken, Trevor was having Calvin walk by himself and he fell and got a big red bump on his forehead. While I wasn't laughing at the time (I didn't want him to have a big red bump in his pictures), I'm sure I'll laugh about it later. :0)
Also exciting news is that Calvin is doing much better with his walking! All of a sudden yesterday I think he figured out balance and is able to walk much further than before! He is becoming more confident with himself and will let go of our fingers more often to walk by himself.
In other news besides Calvin, Trevor's thesis is progressing pretty well. His program is mostly written and now he just has to write his thesis and do a user study. I'll be so glad when he's done and we can have him home for more than a few hours a day!


5 comments:
Great job, Calvin! We love you so much and can't wait to see you this evening! You look so much bigger and older! We've missed you a lot!
Love,
Alicey and Olivia
Great Blog! Great Calvin, too! Calvin's hair IS red! Your hair was never that red only a deep aubutn - only Jen's hair was that red. Calvin's walking has improved. What do you do - have him fetch the blue ball? Whatever works! 4 more days...
Trevor, remember "this, too, will pass." School does eventually end, and you will have more family time. I remember those days of nothing but school work.We are here to cheer you on in the last sprint of your race! GO TREVOR!
I can't believe Calvin is walking when he is one.
Oh you guys are wunderbar! Calvin, Olivia, and Ollie are going to tear the carpet up together in August. We can't wait... Trevor good luck on your dissertation! You soon will join the club of Masters, existing members your wife, me, Heather, and Cesar. Its great to call oneself a Master!
I can't believe how big he is getting, so smart and talented already1 How cute!
Post a Comment