Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Lots of Change!

Sorry for the lack of postings. I was waiting until we had our computer back because I don't have any pictures to show. I'm using Trevor's laptop instead and I guess I'll just give an update on us and show the pictures later.

Lots of changes for our family recently:

  1. Trevor defended his thesis about two weeks ago. He cut it really close, almost too close, but he got it done! Now he doesn't have to fly back to Utah later this semester and have it hanging over his head. I have to tell you I'm so proud of him. So many people were telling him he wasn't going to finish, which really frustrated me, but he didn't listen to them and worked REALLY hard to get it done before we left. Three cheers for Trevor!

  2. We moved to California! We were extremely blessed to have Microsoft pack and move us. It would have taken me literally weeks to do what they did in 6 hours. We are staying in temporary housing for now. We found an apartment (I'm still getting over the shock of rent prices) and we are so glad it has A/C and a dishwasher. These are two things we didn't have in our last apartment and are so glad to have now! We still have to go outside our apartment to do laundry, but I think I can handle it.

  3. We went to our new church ward on Sunday and we had a really good experience. Lots of friendly people and LOTS of children! There are roughly 100 kids in primary (18 months -12 years old). There are about 50 in the youth program (12-18 years). So about 150 people in the ward are under 18. We had lots of people come up to us and introduce themselves. We think we are going to really like this ward!

  4. Trevor started his job at Microsoft yesterday! He's working on PowerPoint in Mountain View. This is where he interned last summer so he's pretty familiar with the people and the work. He likes working there!

  5. Last but not least, we are going to have another baby! I wanted to wait to tell people until I had seen a doctor but we can't see one until our insurance paperwork goes through and I can't wait any longer to tell the world! I'm 14 weeks along and definitely showing faster than I did with Calvin. Luckily, I'm through my morning sickness (7 weeks of prolonged death... explains the lack of posts...) and I'm feeling a lot better.

Calvin is talking and babbling more and more. He now says momma, dadda, ball, bath, dog, doggy, cracker, and bye-bye. He understands a lot more though. If we say, "go get your shoes," he will run and bring them to us. He is a little tornado right now and I can't keep our house clean for more than 10 minutes it seems. He loves to get into everything and definitely keeps me on my toes with what he finds to play with! I wouldn't have it any other way and I'm just trying to enjoy this time as much as possible. Calvin also loves music and starts dancing whenever he hears it. He's also started to semi-sing and makes up his own songs sometimes.

We'll have pictures to come in a couple of weeks!

15 comments:

GordonandChrissy said...

Wow - you guys have had a LOT of change!

Congratulations to BOTH of you on your new little one on the way! That's so exciting. :) And, congratulations ALSO to BOTH of you on Trevor finishing up his thesis. I know he put in a lot of hard work to get it done, but he also had lots of support and help from you as well, I'm sure. :) Way to go!

And, of course, welcome to California!

Jen said...

Sounds like life is going well for you. I am glad you are feeling better. You guys are definitely being blessed in many ways right now!!

Jared and Delia said...

That is a lot of news! Congrats on...everything! Yay for baby #2!

Steven said...

Lucky! We wish we had a dishwasher. But we wouldn't want your laundry situation, especially when you have two kids to juggle. That's a lot of laundry to do! Glad to hear you didn't have to move yourself.

Heather Melo said...

I'm so glad you've finally made it to California, are feeling better, and in just a few more weeks your move will be over as well!

Brenton and Adree Jensen said...

That's so awesome! congrats on the new little one! We sure do miss you here in Provo... congrats on all the changes and we hope life continues to be so great!

-Adree

Janice Richardson said...

It's good to hear that things went well with the move. Congrats on all your exciting news! When will the baby be due (I guess I could do the math and figure it out...) :)

Sarah said...

I am glad that you have a good ward. I am sure they will want to keep you there and keep you busy.

Glad you are feeling better. Take naps when Calvin does.

Lauren said...

Glad the move went well and you found a nice apartment! Congratulations! I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes great!

katie said...

Congrats! On all of your big news! How exciting to be in California. I just love that place!

Brooke said...

Congrats! Good luck Trevor on your new job! And a HUGE congrats on the baby on the way!!! That is so exciting! :)

*Meg Larsen* said...

congrats with everything, the move, defending (i'm in awe, trevor--I didn't make it for mine!), and a new baby...wishing you all the best!

Leah Florence said...

We are so excited or you guys and are so glad everything is working out. I hope you just love your ward and I hope Trevor finds his job really fulfilling...so amazing about his thesis! We are thinking of you and so happy for you guys!

Julie said...

Congratulations! We'd love to meet up some time soon.

Shannon said...

Congratulations Linds! I'm so excited for you guys and all those changes, especially the new baby on the way!

Hope you are feeling better ;)