On Saturday afternoon, we went to a picnic for all Amazon employees and their families at Mountain Meadows Park. We had a lot of fun there as well. It was definitely kid oriented, but there was plenty to do for the adults as well. Trevor and I played "Cue Golf" which combines pool and miniature golf (see picture below).
We challenged two guys to foosball and won! They also had bingo, arts and crafts, sack races, concerts, hula hoops, gigantic chess and checker boards, giant basketball (huge basketball and hoop) -- you can kind of see it in the background of this picture,
I haven't even got to the food yet... there was TONS of it! Hamburgers, hot dogs, corn on the cob, french fries, chicken fajitas, Burbon chicken and rice, BBQ Beef ribs, Gyros, chicken curry, lentil something..., watermelon, pasta salad, cesar salad, strawberry shortcake, popsicles, ice cream sandwiches, and brownies. We tried a lot of stuff, but didn't eat much of any one thing.
Nursery was really nice today. Sacrament Meeting went over about 20 minutes so nursery went by super fast. We also only had 10 children today (usually we have about 15 or so) and 6 adults so nobody felt exhausted by the end. Two children even stayed and ate snacks for a good 40 minutes. We kept asking them if they were done and they replied, "no". Then they would continue eating the other kids' leftover snacks. They must have been really hungry! After Trevor and I cleaned up the snack area there was only 10 minutes left! It's so sweet in nursery when kids come bawling when they first get there because they don't want to leave their parents, and then the same kids leave crying because they are having so much fun in nursery! It's also so touching to see them sing primary songs and how reverent they can be when they sing "I am a Child of God".

3 comments:
What a busy weekend you had!Your life will seem a bit mundane once you get back to Provo.
Knocking over blocks is what kids do best. Thomas is into that right now, so just have Trevor practice for when you come in August. Taylor will get frustrated when he is building a tower and Thomas knocks it down. Maybe Trevor and Taylor can build the "biggest one ever".
Mom - I don't think my life at least will be mundane until I finish my thesis...
Sarah - Trevor would LOVE to build a tower with Taylor! I'm sure he will be so excited once I tell him!
Post a Comment