This is a picture of downtown Seattle taken on a pier close to our apartment. The arches in the background (Safeco field--baseball stadium) is right by where Trevor works.
This is one of the famous "Pigs on Parade". every year they have a parade with lots of these pig statues doing different things. This one is either covered in mud or chocolate... they leave it up to the viewer to decide. They auction the pigs off to raise money to help keep Pike Place Market running. Some of them get pretty creative!
I'll try to take more pictures this week...

4 comments:
I love all the pictures you've shown this summer of Seattle. I would love to visit there because of your enthusiasm of what you can see and do in the area. What nice memories you have of a fun summer!
Dad says thank you for sending "random" pictures. I can tell you are a statistician - with your "random" wording. Gee, I would have never thought to use the word "random". It must be a "random" word on the tip of your tongue. I love your "random" blogs!
Those are great pictures. I LOVE the pig! That's such a querky tradition, but really neat. I also like how it's up to you to decide if it's chocolate or mud...I personally like to picture it as chocolate. Pigs might as well enjoy themselves while they're a mess!
I think that the person who owns the truck has traffic on his mind all the time.
Post a Comment