On the first Thursday of every month, there are certain museums that have free admission in the evenings. Last time we went to the EMP (Experience the Music Project) and the Science Fiction Museum. Yesterday we decided to go to the Museum of Flight at Boeing. I had no idea Boeing was such an old company (Founded 1916). They had soooo many different kinds of planes there! Beginning prototypes, fighter jets (from all decades), commercial airplanes, amphibians, Zeplins, carplanes (cars with attachable wings to fly!), WWI, WWII, Vietnam and Cold Wars, and they even had a space exhibit! It was a very spacious museum as you can probably imagine! Trevor and I thought it was interesting how integrated the technology of airfare was with war. We found it interesting that they mentioned at the beginning of WWI, some people never considered anything but horses as transportation for war. They thought planes were only a loud nuisance in the air.
We really enjoyed the museum and found it very interesting. The only downside is there were a ton of people there, so it was hard to read and experience everything, but what do you expect going when it's free? Overall, though, it was a great experience!
First week of Christmas
6 years ago

2 comments:
What a fun place to visit! That would be a fun place to take your school class for a field trip. I think more cities should offer free admission to their museums, too. I guess this will be your last free place to visit in Seattle - unless you move there permanently.
John and I loved the air and space museum in DC last year. One benefit to DC is that most everything is free. Not only is it fun, air conditioned, but educational all at the same time.
Post a Comment