Sunday, August 12, 2007

Fun in Vancouver Washington!

This Saturday, Trevor and I rented a car through Amazon and went to Vancouver Washington to visit our family Ryan and Maria Billen. Ryan is Trevor's cousin and roommate from his freshman year, and Maria was my old roommate my freshman year. Jamie, my other roommate from freshman year, also happened to be there in town that weekend, so she spent the day with us as well. We also got to see Maria and Ryan's son, Gavin, for the first time. He is so cute! It was a wonderful reunion for all of us!

We all went to a place in Portland called the Hoyt Arboretum which is a Vietnam memorial. They had little trails you walked on through a forest. They also had plaques where you could read stories about things happening in Oregon during the Vietnam War.
This was a big spiral you walked around at the Arboretum and read different stories.

We also went to the beautiful Portland Rose Garden. To give you an idea of the scope of this garden, on the website it said they have over 10,000 plantings and over 550 varieties of roses. All I could think about was "I wish I could take Grandma Walker here". She would love it! They had rows upon rows of rose bushes and the air was filled with sweet fragrances. It was like heaven.

Trevor and I were really worn out today from the 6 hours of driving and walking around yesterday, but it was all worth it. I'm really glad we made the effort to see them. It was such a fun day!










I guess all the seeds don't end up sprouting thanks to some friends of the garden!

(From left to right) Trevor, Lindsay, Jamie, Maria, and Ryan at the Rose Garden.

This was just a cool limousine we saw... They had a few weddings going on that day in the garden.

4 comments:

Jen said...

That looks like fun! I can only imagine what that rose garden must have smelled like!! Sounds like a fun reunion with everyone, too.

Anonymous said...

Yep, that's now on my list of places to visit in Washington. Someday...

Jess said...

Wow, so beautiful! And what a fun reunion. -Jess
Your roommates look the same. That is Jamie and Maria. Trevor looks just as great as always. -Steven

Jen said...

Lindsay, you look just as great as always, too. ;-) I like your hair.