Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Internet Radio

So this might not be new to anyone else, but if it wasn't for Trevor I would have never heard about it. There is this internet radio website called Pandora that Trevor and I really like. Basically you enter in a song or artist that you want to listen to and then it creates your own radio station choosing music similar to the one you entered. You can let them know whether you like the song or not and it caters the music to that as well. If you don't give a "thumbs up" or "thumbs down" on the song, then it just continues to explore new areas of music. If you leave it alone for too long, then it can really get off track (although the website has really improved this feature lately). It's kind of fun because you hear new songs that you may have never heard before. You can also add more artists or songs to a certain station if you like. You can also have lots of different stations like "Abba", "Celine Dion", "George Strait", "Jack Johnson", "Enya", "Yo Yo Ma", and "Jackson 5 Christmas" and you can change the station depending on what you feel like listening to. If you create an account, it remembers all your stations and preferences you have previously created.

Note: If you give too many "Thumbs down", then it will eventually just play the song you are on. You can only skip a certain number of songs (although I found a way around this if you click on a different station you created and then go back to the original station it gives you a new song).

Anyway, maybe give it a try if you like listening to music while you are on the computer or near the Internet. I have found that some artists give better mixes of music than others, so you may have to do some trial and error before you get a mix of songs you like.

Oh! And there aren't any commercials interrupting the music!!! They show ads on their website, but I don't even keep the window on the main screen so I don't notice them.

2 comments:

GordonandChrissy said...

I LOVE that site! I listen to it at work all the time. Lately, I told it to give me some Christmas music and it's been awesome. :)

Kathryn said...

I love Jack Johnson! That is so cool that you can listen to him on the internet radio. I'll have to check this out.