Saturday, November 24, 2007

Thanksgiving Extravaganza!

Ah, Thanksgiving! The beginning of the magical season of Christmas. We had a great Thanksgiving week. Trevor's parents drove to Provo from CA and were able to spend the week with the family. All of Trevor's siblings are living in Provo except for his oldest sister. We were able to see them almost every day and visit, play games, and eat good food. I must say it was really nice not to worry about traveling this holiday with it being so short!

Even though this week has been extremely stressful for me preparing a paper for submission to a journal, I was still able to find time to be with family throughout the week. On Thursday morning, we went early to Trevor's grandparents' home so I could "fix up" the gingerbread house I gave his grandparents last Christmas. It wasn't in terrible shape except for broken icicles, some fallen candies, and the back window completed melted off into a big clump of hard candy. At least it was the back window and not the front window! Trevor kept asking if there was anything we could do to fix the window and I told him, "no way jose". Well, I didn't use those exact words, but I told him there was nothing I could do. I couldn't even remove the rock hard candy gloop because it was stuck to the side of the house and cardboard (sorry I didn't take a picture of it). I actually thought it looked kind of comical, though I'm sure Grandma Aurora wouldn't agree with me.

Thanksgiving dinner was really nice. We had about 25 adults and lots of kids at Trevor's grandparents' home. Trevor and I made pineapple cheese salad and everyone really liked it. I was so proud of myself for not having any dessert! To be honest I didn't even crave it. I guess it helps to go "cold turkey" on sweets and never cheat. After dinner and dishes were done, we gathered together around the grand piano and some people got up and sang solos or duets. Everyone did incredible and it was so fun to listen to them. I love being part of a musical family!

On Black Friday, Trevor and I went shopping for maternity clothes and an area rug. I bought a lot of nice clothes on clearance that hopefully I can wear for a while! We also bought a rug we both really like and got it for 55% off. I've been wanting to get one for a while but couldn't justify spending the money on it. I have been waiting for Black Friday so we could find one that was a lot cheaper and still pretty good quality.

I'm looking forward to the next month or so! We are really excited to go to Arizona for Christmas and see more family! There aren't many weeks left of school!

Oh yeah, and GO BYU Cougars for winning against the Utah Utes today!!! :0)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We missed you this holiday, but we are looking forward to Christmas. I'm glad you have a wonderful family to be with when you're not here. Oh, there is NO way to fix the back window on the gingerbread house. The only solution is to start over.

Sarah said...

Glad you had a great weekend. I would have loved to see you try doing that window Lindsay. Unless you have made them, it is hard to understand what goes into making it. Great pictures too!

Jen said...

Looks and sounds like you had a great weekend!! Being with a musical family like that sounds like a lot of fun!!