So what a whirlwind this weekend has been! Trevor kept asking his recruiter at Microsoft about when he is going to get a second interview. They finally put his request on rush and he heard back last Thursday. He gave them four potential dates when he could fly out for an interview-- Monday, Nov. 12, as his first pick. Turns out they were able to schedule an interview for him on Monday and he flew to Mountain View, CA Sunday afternoon. Here is a map of where Mountain View is located (it's right near San Jose), because quite frankly I would have no idea if I didn't look on a map! (Hint: Click on the minus sign to zoom out)
View Larger Map
He had four one-hour grueling interviews on Monday and then flew back Monday night to Salt Lake City. Of course, he impressed the interviewers so much his recruiter called him back today and extended him an offer to intern there this summer! It pays a little bit more than what Amazon.com was offering with practically the same benefits and it is SO much closer to both our families, which was one thing we realized last summer was important to us. Mountain View is about 5 1/2 hours driving from Trevor's parents and 11 hours to my parents.
So what would Trevor be doing this summer you ask? Well, he would be working with the PowerPoint team (about 26 programmers total) and they said he would be working on real projects (things people actually see). He also said the Microsoft campus there is really nice. While I can only imagine how incredibly expensive it would be to live there, I think this summer will give us a good indication of whether or not it might be a place we want to end up. With Apple, Google, AOL, Firefox, VeriSign, and Yahoo being right in the neighborhood, there are lots of possibilities for work.
So now we just have to pray about it and make the decision before Friday. I just think this is so awesome and I am so proud of him!
First week of Christmas
6 years ago

6 comments:
Yes, Trevor will go far with his career. I never doubted that for a minute. We are proud of his accomplishments, also. Nothing like working hard to get success. You two continue to amaze me with your many accomplishments.
CONGRATULATIONS!!! What an amazing thing to say that Microsoft extended an offer to intern with them. Good luck with the decision making process. I dread those times. I'm confident though you will make the right decision for your family:)
how exciting!
That is so awesome! Maybe we'll have to plan a trip to California this summer to visit y'all!!
Congratulations! We are happy for your family. Either choice would be a great one.
Either choice sounds great, but of course we'd vote for CA so that maybe we'd get to see you some. :) Good luck with the decision!
Post a Comment