Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Our 4th of July Weekend

We had a great Fourth of July weekend and drove down to southern California to spend the weekend with Trevor's parents and Summer. It was a great weekend break (it makes a big difference when three extra people are more than happy to watch Calvin!).

On Friday we had fun playing croquet and eating a really good BBQ dinner with homemade ice cream for dessert! My cousin Gordon also came by and spent the afternoon with us. It was really nice to see him again! We watched the fireworks at one of their friend's house because they had a really good view. They had an amazing grand finale! One of the best I've ever seen.

On Saturday, Trevor and I went on a date by ourselves and saw the movie WALL-E (really cute by the way) and went to dinner at Souplantation (same exact restaurant as Sweet Tomatoes - just a different name in CA). We rarely ever go to buffets but thought it would be fun because we didn't have Calvin with us so we could take our time and not have to eat really fast. We really enjoyed it and spent over an hour at the restaurant! Here are some pictures. Enjoy!








Calvin is starting to smile a lot more. It makes everything worthwhile to see him smile! He is also starting to talk a lot more and be a little happier in general. Now if I can only get him to sleep more during the day... :0)

9 comments:

Trevor said...

Wow! What a cute boy!

Jen said...

I agree with the first comment... :-) He is a cutie! I LOVE the picture of him looking at "Hobbs!" Sounds like a fun weekend! I'm glad you were able to go on a date.

Anonymous said...

How nice to go to Camarillo and let grandma and grandpa get acquainted with Calvin. I can't wait to see him! Are his eyes blue? Thanks for sending these pictures, he's growing so fast!

GordonandChrissy said...

That sounds like a great little vacation! Gordon told me that Calvin was SUPER cute, and he was right. He's such a sweet little boy. :)
I'm glad you got to experience Souplantation. We love that place.

Sarah said...

In the picture where you are holding him and he is sleeping, he looks a lot like you Lindsay, but when he is awake, I think he looks more like his dad. (I am falling into the same trap I told myself I wouldn't do in seeing who a baby looks like.)

Either way, he is cute and growing fast! Did he travel well?

Lindsay said...

Calvin traveled pretty well and slept most of the way. We got lucky to have a child that will travel well. Hopefully he will stay that way!

Gramma Marty said...

Gramma Marty says...
He's really even cuter than his pictures...he's very alert and interested in everything and everybody and I can't wait to see him again in August for his blessing.

Julie said...

I love how he's almost smiling in his sleep in the first pic. He's gotten bigger since since we last saw you guys!

Jared and Delia said...

What a cutie! I love the picture of him looking at the stuffed animal almost nose to nose. It is fun to catch up on what you guys are up to!