




See this bird in this next picture? It followed us for a large part of the path. It was almost as if he was showing us the way to go.

Then we went to the beach and saw this natural bridge (See the hole below the rock?).

There were tons of people at the beach, so we decided not to go down there but just walk along the beach front.

Then we went to the Seymour Marine Discovery Center. It cost money to go inside and we didn't feel like paying, so we just looked around outside.


They had a skeleton of a Blue Whale. It was incredible! It had washed up on the shore so they decided to strip it and preserve the bones shown below.

Here is the skull of the Blue Whale.


We don't know what it is, but it looked cool to us.


Then we went to the lighthouse and Surfing Museum. We were expecting a really cool lighthouse like on Pete's Dragon, but I guess this lighthouse was still pretty exciting. I kept singing "It's a Brazzle Dazzle Day!" The surfing museum was small and mainly had pictures of different surfers from the 1900's.
After we went to the beach we drove to downtown Santa Cruz and walked around a bit. After we ate dinner we were exhausted so we went home. All in all it was a great day!

7 comments:
That looks like a perfect day to be touring all of those places. I'm glad you're enjoying being out here in sunny CA. It's the best place on earth! :)
Looks like you guys are having a lot of fun there! We are trying to do something fun every week too. Hey since you guys live in San Jose you should check out the "Winchester House" you have probably heard of it before, but I have been and it's WAY cool. Here is the link so you can see what's it's all about!
http://www.winchestermysteryhouse.com
Chrissy, it was a beautiful day at Santa Cruz. It was no wonder to us why the beach was so crowded!
Lexie, we would really love to visit the Winchester House, but it costs $24 per person and that's just a little too much money for us right now. We really want to go to Alcatraz at the end of this summer so we are saving our "fun money" for that. Otherwise we would definitely go!
The Winchester house has a TON of stairs. They were not made for tall people either. She was a small lady (4' something) and so she made the stairs for her. Some of my friends were tall and would take three at a time to make up for the one they normally would take.
Alcatraz is cool as well. I like Fisherman's warf better. The chocolate festival is in September. I also liked the Bordin bread factory, but since you are not a huge sourdough fan...
I am glad that you have a good baby. It makes it all worth it!
Sarah, we were planning on going to Fisherman's Wharf as well which I am really excited about. It's a lot of fun!
Also, I actually like sourdough bread now. It was an acquired taste for me (just like cheesecake!). Maybe I should look into the Boudin bread factory. It sounds really good! Too bad we won't be here in September for the chocolate festival. That sounds like our dream come true! :0)
Have you dipped sourdough bread into Baslamic vinegar yet? :-)
I can't remember if I've specifically eaten sourdough bread with Balsamic vinegar, but I LOVE Balsamic vinegar and the two of them sound good together. I have to try things a few times before I start to like them.
Post a Comment