Monday, November 3, 2008

My really good day!

You know how sometimes you have those days where lots of good things happen to you? It doesn't happen all that often to me, but today just happened to be one of those days.

I got a call yesterday from Sunflower Market saying I won a gift basket from a drawing I entered! How cool is that? I wasn't quite sure what I was getting, but I hit the jackpot for mothers! A big selection of Hyland's products! I couldn't believe it!


Then I was reading my sister's blog about a diaper deal going on at Walgreens so I went and bought 160 diapers for $10.62! That's HALF of what I usually pay for diapers! I went to a different Walgreens and bought four more packages to stock up! Then I gleefully took back the diapers I had bought last week at Target. It's always nice to see money being credited back to your account.

Then Calvin and I headed up to Lehi and canned applesauce with Trevor's grandpa. We now have enough applesauce to last us quite a while. After leaving their home I stopped at Costco to get gas and to my surprise it was $2.35/gallon! I don't know what it is elsewhere in the country, but that was A LOT cheaper than any of the other gas stations I saw on the way to Lehi.

When I came home I found a package on our doorstep from Trevor's parents that we were not expecting. It was definitely a pleasant surprise! We also got a call inviting us to participate in a survey where we can earn some more money for Christmas!

So as you can see today was just a really great day! Hopefully tomorrow will be as equally exciting... I doubt it, though, because Calvin is getting his immunizations.

9 comments:

Steven said...

I don't like to go to the immunizations. I've only went once and I don't like how Eden looks at me like - you're going to let them do this to me?

That is awesome about the Hyland products and diapers. Sounds like an interesting experience canning applesauce.

Lindsay said...

I know exactly what you mean about the immunizations. It broke my heart the last time I took Calvin. I don't know how nurses can have that job. I guess I'm glad someone is willing to do it.

Martha said...

I love those days! I'm going to head to Walgreen's tomorrow--thanks for the lead. And even being a nurse, I HATE immunizations and cried the first time I took Marian. I don't know how those nurses do it either.

Anonymous said...

WOW! You did hit the jackpot! Homemade applesauce is so much better than store-bought. It seems like you peel so many apples and then they cook down to just about nothing.

Gas in Mesa is $2.45 - I thought that was good, but you're much cheaper.

I hope Calvin does well with his shots.

Jared and Delia said...

What a good day! How nice!

Jared and Delia said...

P.S. I love Hylands Teeting Tablets. They are the only thing that really worked with Owen.

Lindsay said...

Delia - The teething tablets were what I was most excited about! They work really well for Calvin also.

Jen said...

Days like that are so nice! *sigh*
I'm glad you got to have one. We have tried those earache drops and they seemed to work, too.

Immunizations don't get any better with more kids or the older they get. We just recently took Kody and Julie for some shots and I had tears and they didn't. I don't imagine I'll have tears when they get their mission shots... well, maybe... :-)

Sarah said...

WOW! I want that ray of sunshine over my head...

I am glad you took advantage of the diaper deal. Even better that you were able to take back your other diapers.