Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Tagged, I'm It

I was tagged by my friend Martha so you get to learn a little more about me!

5 Things I Was Doing Ten Years Ago:
  1. I was a freshman in high school - enough said.
  2. Played the violin in Orchestra.
  3. So excited to finally attend Stake Dances! I went to almost every one with my brother the first year I turned 14.
  4. I can't find my journals so I don't remember what else I was doing in 1998.
  5. Actually I do remember one thing, our stake was challenged by the stake president to memorize The Family: A Proclamation to the World by the end of the year. It was around this time that I actually did it (I don't have it completely memorized still so don't quiz me).
5 Things On My To-Do List Today (Actually this was yesterday when I wrote this):
  1. Feed/Play with Calvin
  2. Do Laundry
  3. Make Bread
  4. Do dishes/clean house
  5. Attend Book Club meeting
5 Snacks I Love:
  1. Apples and Peanut Butter
  2. Honey Mustard Pretzels from Trader Joes
  3. Dried Fruit
  4. Chips with Hummus, Guacamole, or Salsa
  5. Cold Cereal
5 Things I'd Do If I Were a Millionaire:
  1. Okay, this might sound a little selfish, but honestly I would try and keep it a secret from as many people as possible except for my husband and the person we hire to manage our money (because I don't think I could manage that much money by myself). I don't think I would live that differently than I already do. I wouldn't want people to perceive me as "wealthy." I don't want to be invited to birthday parties, weddings, etc. just because they want a really nice gift. I don't want people to be my friend for the wrong reasons. I don't want my kids to think they don't have to work for things or that they are better than other kids because they have rich parents. I would happily donate money anonymously, but never would I want people to know I was wealthy. Okay, I'll get off my soapbox now.
  2. Buy a new wardrobe. Who wouldn't want to go shopping and not worry about buying a top that costs more than $15 (I'm cheap I know.)?
  3. Set up a scholarship fund for the Physical and Mathematical Sciences at BYU.
  4. Invest and live off the interest (one reason to hire the person to manage my money). Although, if Obama had his way I'd probably only get 30% of the money after taxes.
  5. I'd buy you a green dress (but not a real green dress that's cruel...)
5 Places I've Lived:
  1. Tempe, Arizona
  2. Talmage Building at BYU
  3. Provo, Utah
  4. Seattle, Washington
  5. San Jose, California
5 Jobs I've Had:
  1. Mother - By far the most demanding and rewarding
  2. Statistics Teaching Assistant at BYU
  3. Intern at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
  4. Recruiter at Convergys
  5. Stroller check-in person at BYU football games. I was a little disappointed I didn't get to actually see any of the games, but I did see the church's First Presidency and most of the Quorum of the 12 in person (they parked their car in the stadium right by stroller check-in)! For me, that made up for it.
5 People I Tag:
  1. Trevor
  2. Kathryn
  3. Sarah
  4. Jen
  5. Steven

2 comments:

Martha said...

Love that you quoted "If I Had a Million Dollars!" I haven't heard that forever!

Jared and Delia said...

I love those honey mustard pretzels too!

That stroller check-in job is so cool!