Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Lots of Updates...

Wow! A lot has happened the past couple weeks. For one thing it was Trevor's birthday on Jan. 7th! We celebrated by going to Tucanos for lunch. Calvin slept most of the time we were there which was so nice! We also had our traditional Red Robin dinner and Cold Stone Creamery ice cream (on different nights) to celebrate his birthday. The only time we ever go to Red Robin or Cold Stone is on our birthdays because of the free meal/ice cream. We are tempted to sign Calvin up for Cold Stone's birthday club. Can you do that for a one-year-old?
That same evening I taught my first class at UVU. It went pretty well and I think I'm getting better the more I do it. I've already heard the phrases, "This class is so much more fun than my last Stats class!" and "It makes me want to do my own experiments!" Things like that make me feel like I'm doing something right. I don't think every class period will be extremely entertaining, but I try to make it fun. I may have to resort to some of my favorite Jack Handey deep thoughts to get their attention.

In other exciting news, Calvin cut his two bottom teeth recently! They both came through at the same time. I pretty sure he's cutting more teeth just by the way he acts sometimes, so hopefully they will pop out soon! He also hasn't really started crawling yet, but I'm sure any day he will start. He is getting much better at rolling around to get somewhere he wants to go. We feel he's at a really exciting age right now for us! He's also still happy as can be (when he's not tired, hungry, or teething that is... :0)

Last week we also decided to go sledding at Rock Canyon Park. We borrowed a sled (thanks Aunt Debbie!) and Summer came with us. We had a blast! We can't wait for it to snow more so we can go again! Even Calvin went sledding on a tiny hill. He seemed to enjoy it--well, I think so at least...



We also had a Ward activity last Saturday at Spring Haven Lodge. It's a huge, really nice, cabin that was donated to BYU. They have sitting rooms with fireplaces, a kitchen, basketball court, pool table area, foosball, ping pong tables, a jungle gym for kids, big screen TV's, and more I can't think of. We played games, ate good food, played Guitar Hero, and there were tons of other things to do. We were there past Calvin's bedtime so he wasn't too happy after a while and we had to leave early, but we enjoyed the time we were there! We even took Calvin down a slide and he seemed to enjoy that as well.

This is a shot of Calvin and Trevor at Spring Haven. Calvin had just gone down the slide. I don't think he could have a happier expression than that!



4 comments:

Jen said...

So cute! I think I say that every post you make... It reminds me of my boys. They grow up way too fast!

Kathryn said...

How fun! What great activities. I can't believe how expressive Calvin is. He is so much fun to watch.

GordonandChrissy said...

What a fun place to go for a ward party! That sounds awesome. :)

And his little face after the slide was great. He looks like he had a blast!

Sarah said...

Yes- you can sign Calvin up. They get a kids creation! With Red Robin kids get a free kids meal.