Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Toy Shelf

I also forgot to post about our toy/book shelf. I had wanted to get something so we could organize all of Calvin's toys (because at the time they were just in a corner pile in our living room). I didn't want to spend a lot of money and just so happened to see a bookshelf listed on Craigslist for only $5! We picked it up that night. The color didn't really match our living room so we decided to paint it. Here is a before shot (I didn't put the shelves in though):

And here is the after shot:
I actually ran out of paint so it needs another coating, but we are using it in the meantime until I buy more paint. It's so nice to have all of Calvin's toys organized!

3 comments:

Spring said...

Great find! What did you use to refinish it? I love your blog. You have such a happy little family!

Lindsay said...

I used spray paint. I first put on a primer coating and then a finishing coat. I bought the paint at Walmart for around $3 a can.

GordonandChrissy said...

That is a great color of red. I really like it!