Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Maybe it's just the Statistician in me...

This could be just new to me, but have any of you heard about Google Analytics? It's a service that Google does for free that keeps track of all sorts of information on your website. It's pretty basic, but still interesting. I can see it being more useful for a company website, but I enjoy it for our blog!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So are you signing up for this new service? You want to track who responds to you? Hmmmm Yes, I think it's the statistician in you!

Jen said...

It would be interesting to see who looks at the blogs. I sometimes wonder if only a handful look since the same people leave comments. I'll have to check it out. I think, however, I'd just look at the picture graphs, while you can study all the info and analytically come up with some stats. :-)

Sarah said...

You know, I think that our family is already tracking pretty good. Stephanie and Taylor post Wray and Natalie's blog on theirs and notice it is already on Jen, Lindsay and mine...they have not even sent out the link. That I think is part of the Walker Family organization-

Nice link though Lindsay!

Lindsay said...

I think it's just in my nature to keep track of things and see what information I can glean. You should see our budget... I keep track of everything we buy and even document the main food items. That way I know how often we buy milk, laundry soap, etc. I look at it from a quality improvement standpoint. I want to see if there is anything we can improve in our spending habits. Anyway, long story short... I keep track of everything I can.

Sarah said...

Then you get a child that decides one week milk is their favorite and the next they don't want anything to do with it. That is when you have to switch to "averages"...

katieo said...

Maybe the statistician in you, the addict in me. (blog addict that is). I've got google analytics, and stats counter on Sister Skinny. I love both. I've learned a ton from both. My favorite actually was "sitemeter" but they use markety-spywear stuff on my readers so I dumped them.
Anyway, I've thought about putting them on bloppy and whoopy but decided against it.