So Trevor and I have had some exciting things happen to us recently.
First of all, Trevor got into graduate school at BYU!!! Hooray! He will start his Master's program in January. We are so excited to almost be done with school. Two more years will fly by, right?!
Second, Trevor and I recently received new callings as Gospel Doctrine teachers. We are excited for this new experience. I've never had a teaching calling before so this is kind of a stressful but good experience for me. You always learn so much more preparing for a lesson than just listening to it.
Third, Trevor received an offer from Amazon to intern there again in Seattle this upcoming summer. He is also trying to get an internship with Microsoft as they are a little bit closer to family (Silicon Valley, CA), but they are being extremely slow about his second interview. He would have to fly out to Washington to interview and they haven't scheduled his interview date yet.
I know there was something else I wanted to mention... Oh yeah... I'm pregnant!!! I'm due May 5th and am about 13 weeks along. Yesterday we had a doctor's appointment and our nurse practitioner was supposed to hear the baby's heartbeat, but she had a really hard time finding it. She said I probably have a tilted uterus and the baby was in the back more. I came to find out this morning that both my sisters have a tilted uterus as well, along with my Grandma Black. It runs in the family... So lucky for me I got to have an ultrasound! I wasn't supposed to have one until 20 weeks, but they wanted to make sure everything was okay. Sure enough there is a baby in my tummy (sometimes I did wonder...) and we saw the heart fluttering at a normal pace. It was incredible! Seeing a baby move inside you is... I don't know how to describe it but I'm sure those who have had kids know how we're feeling. Anyway, Trevor and I were both very relieved that our baby appears to be in fine health. It made all those weeks with morning sickness (actually it was 24 hours/day) worth it!
Just to prove we aren't making this up, here is a picture of our ultrasound. He/she looks just like Trevor! :0) (Sorry if the picture is kind of dark...)
First week of Christmas
6 years ago


16 comments:
YEA!!! So many wondeful and exciting blessings in the Florence family!! I totally see the resemblance with Trevor and the baby... Ü Do YOU have more exciting news about your degree? I wonder if this little one will let you walk (or waddle) at Graduation?! When is graduation?
No more exciting news with my degree right now. I'm only taking one class next semester, so it shouldn't be too bad. It's not even on my study list so I don't care how I do at all in the class because I don't have to pass it.
Graduation is April 25th. Soooo, it will be cutting it really close. I'm waiting to find out my more accurate due date at 20 weeks to determine the question of walking or waddling!
Are you scheduled to graduate, though or will you have to complete more next year?
I will be completely done by April. I plan on defending my thesis probably right after Christmas break. Everything else is completed to get my degree except for that. I'm just taking the one class next year to stay on BYU's health insurance. I could have graduated in December, but I decided it would be cheaper to stay in school one more semester. I will also have a little extra time to finish my thesis as well.
That's so awesome, Lindsay!! Wow!
Congratulations, you guys!
WAHOO!!! We are so excited for you guys. Sorry that you have been sick. We hope that the rest of your pregnancy will not be as hard. Take is easy.
#11 for us! I'm so happy for you and Trevor. All your hard work is paying off for you both. Nothing like hard work to be successful.
Here's to a wonderful new year - lots of exciting times for you.
Congratulations!!! (Mainly the baby news, but also congrats to getting into the Masters program Trevor!)
YAY!!! I just love babies, (obviously!) I can't believe you waited so long to tell everyone! go you, that's a hard secret to keep! Well, congrats I can't wait to see some prego pics of you! they are the best!
Congratulations! That is very exciting to hear about all the great news. Good luck with the internship thing Trevor. - John
Thanks everyone for your comments! We are really excited. We wanted to wait until after our three-month appointment with the doctor just to make sure everything was okay before we made the good news "general information".
T and B - I hope the rest of my pregnancy won't be as hard either. I guess it's a good sign if I'm feeling sick, right? I have to keep reminding myself of that. I've been feeling a TON better now that I'm past the first trimester, but I still have my moments throughout the day.
What a great month you have had. We are really happy for your family. Next Halloween will be a different one for you.
AAAAAAH!!!!
Are you serious?
Congrats!
Didn't we talk a little bit about morning sickness at third Sunday? Hmmm, I should have picked up on it then...
Katie - I remember that conversation as we were talking about other people in the family who were pregnant at the time. I didn't contribute at all to that conversation in order to avoid suspicion. I did think it was ironic, though, that we were talking about morning sickness at that 3rd Sunday dinner.
Congratulations!!!
Post a Comment