Sunday, October 7, 2007

Things you suddenly really appreciate...

So Trevor and I had an unfortunate experience happen to us today. Last night after watching General Conference at Kathryn's home, we looked in our freezer and noticed our food wasn't as frozen as usual. I thought it was just because we had left the freezer door partially open on accident. It sounded like it was working fine as the motor was running and air was blowing, so I made sure the door was shut tight and went to bed.

In the morning I checked on the freezer and, alas, the food was even more thawed! Basically, our fridge and freezer died. Well, I don't know exactly what's wrong with it, but it doesn't keep anything cold. We lost almost all the food in our freezer (which was a great loss for us because we had it stocked full of food). At least we were able to notice the problem early enough and store some perishables in our neighbor's fridge. You don't really appreciate having refrigeration until you lose it.

With it being Sunday, we didn't expect our manager to take care of it today, but they said that they are going to certainly take care of it tomorrow. Hopefully it will be tomorrow morning instead of tomorrow evening... I have learned to appreciate my fridge and freezer a little bit more! It's been something I've taken for granted in the past. So the next time you walk by your fridge, be sure to give it a nice pat and say, "Thank you for working so hard to keep our food cold!" :0)

On a happier note... Today is our 2 year anniversary of getting engaged! It happened between the morning and afternoon sessions of Conference. In remembrance of our engagement, here is the website we showed when we first got engaged.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

We already give our fridge "loving pats". We need to kick it and move it to get it to stop talking to us at all hours. It sends us morse code signals that we still cannot figure out. We will do a video of it making these noises and put it on our blog...

John thought I was the only one that would remember the day we got engaged. Yesterday was our 12 year anniversary of getting engaged. Can you believe John forgot?!

Lindsay said...

I guess after 12 years I wouldn't be too surprised. If it wasn't for the fact that Trevor proposed General Conference weekend I probably wouldn't have remembered either.

GordonandChrissy said...

Yikes, that could be really bad. Good thing you noticed it in time to get at least some of it out. :) Sorry to hear about it. I hope you had a good Conference weekend anyhow. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey - 2 years? That's a mission! I'm so glad you married each other - great match!

Remember when we lost all that food in our freeze? It made me sick, my food supply gone. Oh well, we're still alive so I don't complain. It's a difficult thing to go thru, though. Everyone does it at least once in their lifetime. Hopefully, this will be your only time to experience it.

Sarah said...

You know though Lindsay, John proposed to me the day before his mom's birthday and he never forgets that day. All of our "big" days to remember are around other peoples birthdays- he got home from his mission on your birthday, we got married the day before Kathryn's birthday, engaged the day before his mom's birthday...