Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Special Halloween Treat

In honor of Halloween, here is a really interesting edited trailer for Mary Poppins. It shows you how you can take a movie, edit it just right, put scary music in the background, and it makes the movie seem totally different. Trevor and I laugh really hard whenever we watch this because the movie Mary Poppins isn't like this at all!

Here's Scary Mary:



I've now had my "scary fix" for the whole year! :0)

5 comments:

Jen said...

Freaky!!!

Sarah said...

Wow! If you had never seen the movie you would definitely think it was a horror flick! Yuck! - John

Lindsay said...

John- I'm not exactly sure why, but that is exactly what makes this "trailer" so funny to me.

It goes to show you don't always trust what the trailer of a movie portrays. For a good example, watch the Bridge to Terabithia trailer after watching the movie and you will see exactly what I mean.

Jen said...

Did you like Bridge to Terabithia? I haven't seen it.

Lindsay said...

Trevor and I remember liking the movie when we saw it. I didn't have terribly high expectations for it, so I think I enjoyed it a lot more. Have you read the book? We thought the movie was better than the book. The ending is really sad, though, just be aware. I remember it being pretty clean as well. I guess you can always check it out just to make sure at kidsinmind.com. It says there is violence, but the violence is things like, "We see drawings of winged creatures with many sharp teeth and weapons (swords, arrows, and knives)."