
Anyone else have this phrase from 101 Dalmatians run through their mind when they were pregnant? I often find myself quoting this phrase to Trevor or even just to myself. While we both laugh when I say it, I'm realizing why that phrase runs through my mind. It's what gets me out of bed at 4:00 in the morning to eat if I'm hungry. It's what gets me to spend 20 minutes gathering/preparing enough food to bring to campus so I don't go hungry during the day. It's what helps me eat nutritious food and avoid food in excess that could possibly harm our child. The list goes on and on.
I am far from perfection in these areas, but I can say that I have tried hard. Even though our child isn't born yet, I am already starting to feel the great responsibility it is to be a mother and care for a child. I know it will compound immensely once our child is born, but I'm grateful for the small glimpse of a parent's love I've had thus far.

7 comments:
What a great line! I don't think I'll hear that line again without thinking of you. I think it's fabulous how well you are working to take care of yourself. I can only imagine how hard it must be having so many temptations around and possibly cravings. I must say even that cake you made for Trevor on his birthday looked tempting to me. But after hearing the ingredients, the temptation died down a bit.
That line is perfect! The frustrating thing is when you have the ability to eat and you get full so easily because there is little room... and 20 minutes later you are hungry again -- and the food is no longer in front of you. Good luck! Do you eat sugar in any form? Those Kashi "cereal bars" are full of nutrients and fiber/protein. They are small enough that they would satisfy you but may help the hunger stay away longer. I believe they only have evaporated cane sugar in them. Kashi everything is great (crackers, cereals, etc). I was always super hungry when I nursed, too.
Lots of people ask me what I "can and can't eat". I don't really have an answer for them. I'm just trying to eat as healthy as possible. I do eat sugar, but in small quantities and I try to only eat things that have nutritional value. For example I eat fruit, flavored yogurt, a little brown sugar with oatmeal, cold cereal (like bran flakes), etc. I'm finding almost all foods have at least a little sugar in them. It's like people can't make a food product without adding sugar. I would go crazy without any sugar at all. I've just tried to cut out as much junk/processed food as possible. I'm trying to be careful and prevent gestational diabetes if possible.
I also like Kashi products a lot. They taste really good and are filling. I just bought some granola bars and really like them. I just wish Kashi wasn't so expensive, otherwise I would probably buy more of it.
What kind of prices do you have to pay there on Kashi? Wal-mart here is pretty inexpensive on it, especially their TLC crackers. Something else I used to always keep in my purse was a Go-Lean bar. They are usually in the diet food section by the pharmacy, and at Wal-mart were 96 cents a bar. They have TONS of protein/fiber in them, taste good, (chocolate/PB or cookies and cream...) and I would just break off a section at a time. It would work when I was on the go. My kids LOVE them... in that case maybe they have more sugar than I realized they do... Ü The cliff bars are really good, too, and fill me up. They are more natural and organic. You're in Utah, though... not as cheap as here...
That is Jonathan and Taylor's favorite line and they said it just like the dog for MONTHS! "I'm Hungry Mother!" Your stomach is shrinking too, so you can't fit as much food. You are doing an incredible job making sure that your baby gets all the good stuff he needs!
You sound like you are doing so well. Way better than me! If I crave something I have to eat it! it's really bad and I need to work on it! oh and by the way, I think we are all waiting for some Pregnant pictures of you! I am sure you are showing by now right?????
You are such a good mom already!
Post a Comment