Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Just in case anyone wondered...

I passed my prospectus defense! It was really low-key and only took half an hour. The ones I've been to have lasted at least an hour. I don't think I will get so lucky for my thesis defense, though.

I had a weak moment tonight and craved dessert. It was probably from watching people eat cake, brownies, chocolates, and sweetened cereal today. I satisfied the craving by making some hot chocolate using milk instead of water and only used half the amount of mix it calls for. Hopefully my craving for sweets won't become a common occurrence. The main reason I cut all sweets out of my diet is so I wouldn't get these cravings. I hope this will all be worth it in the end, because it's really hard not to eat dessert. I need a healthy "cookie" or muffin recipe I can make so I don't feel so deprived. If anyone has any they would like to share, please feel free to do so.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Lindsay! I had no doubt you would do well on your prospectus defense. I know you were well-prepared and ready to go. You have worked diligently to get to this point.

I hope the hot chocolate curbed your cravings. Hang in there, it will all be worth it.

Jen said...

Good job on the defense thing. I really have no idea what it was all about, but I know it was on your mind and I'm sure you are glad it is over.

Bananas are great sweet snacks. Another idea is fruit leather sweetened with fruit juice. I also have recently discovered freeze-dried fruit. It tastes like candy to me. The kids love it, too. If you have a costco card, they sell them in individual snack bags of apples, pears and peaches. I get my fruit leather there, too.