Monday, January 7, 2008

Happy Birthday Trevor!!!

I know... I know... I haven't updated in a while. I've been lazy with our blog. I'm not going to give other excuses people probably won't believe anyway.

It's Trevor's 24th birthday today!!! Hooray! Even though his birthday is today (Monday), we decided to celebrate it yesterday because today we were busy with school and work. We made a vegetable lasagna yesterday and were planning on keeping it in the fridge to cook tonight, but after making it, it looked so good we couldn't resist cooking it right then and eating it. You know you have a good recipe when that happens! Believe me, it was worth it--it tasted really good. One nice thing about only having two people to feed, though, is that a 9x13 pan of lasagna lasts us about five meals, so we are having it again tonight anyway!


Here is a picture of the lasagna. We were planning on taking a before and after picture, but apparently we were too hungry to remember to take the "after" picture. It looked the same pretty much except the cheese was melted.

Last night we had a party at our apartment with all of Trevor's siblings, some of his cousins, and Kathryn. We made an apple cake (name is deceiving... believe me it wasn't healthy--although supposedly it tasted really good) and some people brought other desserts as well. Everyone talked, played games, and had a good time. I even let Trevor open his presents on Sunday night so he didn't have to wait until today (aren't I a nice wife?! :0) ). I felt victorious that he didn't know what most his presents were before he opened them. Trevor's a really good guesser at things like that, so it's really hard to surprise him. Well, I'm also a really bad liar when it comes to things like that, so it's hard for me to keep things a secret when he asks questions. I've learned not to say anything at all, but sometimes that doesn't even work because my facial expressions give it away. After the party, I cleaned up a very little bit and then fell asleep very quickly on our couch. I was so tired after going nonstop since 1:00 that afternoon. I'm just glad our son was very cooperative and let me do as much as I did. I can definitely tell I have more stamina than I did about a month ago.

I will talk about Christmas break in a later post. I've got to keep working on my thesis. I'm defending my prospectus (thesis proposal) tomorrow. I hope to do my thesis defense (the big kahuna) at the latest in one more month. There is a light at the end of the tunnel!!!

8 comments:

Jen said...

Happy Birthday Trevor!!

Anonymous said...

WOO-HOO! You finally updated!

Happy Birthday, Trevor. I hope you had a memorable day.

SON??? I'm glad your son let you rest. It won't happen too often once he's here.

I can't believe all the work you have to do for your Master's Degree. You have been diligent in getting your education - it's been a long haul for you, but you did it! Statistics, no less, you amaze me. Congratulations!

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday Trevor and Good Luck Lindsay!

I thought to myself, "Surely Lindsay won't update their blog on Trevor's birthday..." What is the probability of that one?

Lindsay said...

I think it's amazing that within an hour of posting this blog entry I get three comments after not posting for almost a month. Sorry I haven't been better about posting.

Sarah - The probability is 1. :0)

GordonandChrissy said...

Happy Birthday, Trevor! Looks like a yummy lasagna. What all goes into a vegetable one? I've never tried that.

Lindsay said...

The vegetable lasagna we made had spinach, broccoli, mushrooms, carrots, and 4 kinds of cheese (ricotta, Parmesan, cottage cheese, and mozarella). Here is a website with the recipe we used -- Vegetable Lasagna

Kathryn said...

Can I just add that Trevor received some of the coolest presents ever! He was given boxes of cereal that I had never seen before. They looked really good! And movies that looked really funny. - Happy Birthday Trevor.

T and B said...

Happy Birthday Trevor!

Congratulations on finding out that you are having a little boy. I am so glad that you are feeling a little better.

Good luck with your last little bit of school.

-Bethany