Trevor and I were recently trying to figure out what we were going to do about our apartment this summer. We wanted to move back here in the fall after California, but realized that we had to sell the Spring/Summer contract in order to do so. I was curious to see if we would get anyone interested right now with it being January/February, so I listed it on the BYU housing website. Within 24 hours of posting it, I received about 6 or 7 calls on it and it sold within 48 hours!
Married housing seems to be really scarce right now. I know it had to do with converting Wyview (BYU on-campus married housing) into Freshman dormitories this past fall, but it seems like everyone in our ward who is trying to sell their contract is able to within 24-48 hours of posting it. Maybe lots of people are getting engaged right now and looking for apartments. Anyway, the other couple already signed the contract just for Spring/Summer so we get our apartment back in the fall! Hooray! We know this is a blessing from Heavenly Father.
This does mean we have to be out of our apartment end of April, so we are going to stay with Trevor's grandparents in Lehi, UT the month of May. They have a big home with lots of extra bedrooms and have had many family members stay with them in the past. We realize it may be a little hard having a newborn baby, but not paying rent for a whole month will make it worth it to us.
This also just came out recently in the most recent issue of The American Statistician. Sorry you can't read more than the abstract. You have to have a subscription to the journal. If you are really curious I can send you a copy of the article. I know it probably doesn't mean as much to everyone else reading this, but I was pretty excited when I saw it. It was the featured article of the journal! Don't ask me the probability of someone winning this presidential election, though, because I'm not collecting poll data and running the analysis. We would have to get past the primaries first anyway and narrow it down to two main candidates.
First week of Christmas
6 years ago

4 comments:
That's awesome about everything falling into place. It will actually probably be nice to not be in your own place with a newborn - no dishes, no cleaning to make you feel guilty. No rent will make it so you can really enjoy the new baby and just focus on him!
Congrats on the publication!!
Thanks for sharing!
John actually loved reading it and has a few questions for you. I still have not been able to read it with Thomas at my leg.
I am glad that things are working out for your family!
That's awesome about this exciting news and how everything is just falling into place. I bet you will have fun staying with your Grandparent's. They have been so nice to me every time I've met them and I can't believe how big their home. Congratulations!!!
It is fun to catch up on what you guys are doing. It sounds like you are doing great.
Post a Comment