Sunday, March 15, 2009

Pi Day and other updates

The U.S. has officially declared March 14th as "Pi Day" since it is 3-14 and the number Pi is 3.1415... Trevor and I thought it would be fun to have a "Pi Party" and have people bring pie to share. It was a lot of fun and all the pies people brought were really good! I didn't take that many pictures. I'm just not good at remembering to take pictures. I need to work on that.
Calvin playing with Alice from our ward.

Mandy and Heather enjoying some pie.

Last Saturday, Trevor's sisters and I organized a baby shower for Hank's wife, Leah. I bought lots of fruit earlier that day for the shower, and Calvin found the cantaloupe and had fun playing with it. This boy LOVES balls! He will spot one from across the room and will either point to it or crawl over to the ball if he can.
Calvin is now 10 months old! I can't believe how old he is getting. Time really does fly by! We love watching his personality develop. He is such a sweet little boy and is very even-tempered. He is also developing a sense of humor and we love to try making him laugh. Here are some other things he loves to do:
  • Going for walks
  • Playing with jumbo legos (mostly just sticking them in his mouth and banging them together)
  • Knocking over towers his parents build for him
  • Bouncing balls and chasing after them
  • Pulling himself up on our couch and coffee table
  • Sticking everything in his mouth
  • Following his parents around the house and just exploring the house in general
  • Taking baths
  • Trying to imitate sounds his parents make
  • Waving "bye-bye"
My mom teaches 3rd grade and this week is her Spring Break so my parents are visiting us this week! On Saturday we went to the Golden Corral with other members of my extended family living in the area for my Grandpa Walker's 85th birthday! It was nice my parents were able to be in town for that occasion. We've enjoyed being able to spend time with them and we are looking forward to seeing them some more this week!

The following is a video clip Trevor took last Saturday of Calvin playing with the cantaloupe. In it he says a word he's been saying a lot lately. We think it sounds like "but," but we aren't sure exactly what he's saying. It also shows Calvin imitating Trevor screaming. I don't encourage screaming in our home, but I do think this video is really cute.

7 comments:

Heather Melo said...

We had fun at your pi day event! Thanks for inviting us! And I enjoyed Calvin's video- I think it's cute, too, when babies imitate sounds you make.

Kathryn said...

Calvin is growing up so much. I thought his "screaming" is so cute!!! I love the pi party idea. What a great way to spend 3-14.

Jared and Delia said...

What a fun idea - a pi party.

Calvin is so cute and I agree he is growing up SOOO fast!

John said...

I don't know if I want my boys to see that they missed out on Pi day... They will feel cheated.

I am glad you are having a good time with mom and dad. I am sure they are loving seeing Calvin too!
(this is Sarah)

Leah Florence said...

We had a great time at the pi party and Calvin is just wonderful!

Maria and Ryan said...

love the scream! what an awesome kid!

The Wards said...

Pretty much Calvin and Ollie were made to be best boy cousins. They have very similar personalities. You gotta love happy boys!