Sunday, March 22, 2009

Spring Break

Friday afternoon there was a knock on our door and I found these three beauties on our doorstep!
They were from Trevor just to tell me he loved me. I have a great husband! He came home a little bit early on Friday which was also a really nice surprise for me (I always want to know when he'll be home and look forward to when he comes home from school). We first went to McDonald's to go to their playland because we thought Calvin would really enjoy the ball pit (this boy LOVES balls). When we got there, we found they didn't have a ball pit so we left. It was probably for the best because then we didn't have to buy anything. We decided instead to go get ice cream at Macey's for $0.25 each (much cheaper than McD's) and then went on a walk down the Provo river trail because it was such a nice afternoon. Calvin loved holding onto sticks and always wanted to have one in his hand while we walked along the trail (which was a little hard because he kept dropping them--oh well!).

My parents came into town last weekend for a visit and unfortunately I didn't take a single picture. I really regret it, but there's nothing I can do about it now. I just have to promise myself I'll be better in the future. We had a wonderful time with them and were sad to see them go. I think Calvin really enjoyed spending time with them also.

This past week was Spring Break for UVU so it was nice to not teach some of my classes. I can't believe there are only about 4 weeks left of the semester! I guess time flies when you're having fun :0) (also when you're really busy).

Calvin is getting a lot better at pulling himself up onto our couch, chairs, coffee table, and mom and dad. It seems like it won't be long before he is trying to stand up without support. He is also babbling a lot more which is fun for us to listen to.

This weekend we also had Stake Conference and Elder L. Tom Perry came and spoke to us. For those who aren't as familiar with our church, Elder Perry is the third most senior Apostle in the church. It is a pretty rare occasion for an apostle to come to a Stake Conference, so we were really excited about this opportunity. He spoke about the importance of families and showed how the beginning of each of the standard works focuses on the family. He also talked about staying out of debt and the great opportunity it was for his family to live all over the U.S. He also mentioned not being afraid to live outside of Utah-- :0). It was a really good talk and the whole conference was really inspiring. It was a good reminder for us to recommit ourselves to be a stronger family unit and to have more faith in Jesus Christ.

2 comments:

Spring said...

Beautiful flowers. I've done the same thing with taking pictures. You're having too much fun to take pictures but when it's over those are things you want pictures of to remember the good time you had! It's fun to hear you talk about Provo, it brings back fond memories, like ice cream cones at Macy's.

katie said...

I have always enjoyed Elder Perry's Talks. How fun to have him at your stake conference!