Friday, March 7, 2008

My general nightly routine

Before pregnancy:
  1. Go to bed between 10-11pm
  2. Wake up around 6am
During pregnancy:
  1. Lay on the family room couch around 8-8:30pm (sometimes earlier) trying to convince Trevor I'm only taking a "short nap" (he knows better than to argue with me and lets me do it). I tell him I'm too tired to do my nightly routine stuff right then and I need to rest first (this is "sleepy Lindsay" reasoning).
  2. Wake up on my own or Trevor wakes me up around midnight to actually make it to the bed, change into PJs, take out my contacts, eat a snack, etc.
  3. Wake up around 2am but convince myself I don't need to get out of bed. Usually I can eventually fall back asleep without getting out of bed. Half the time I also wake up at 3am, but usually manage to fall back asleep within a half hour.
  4. Wake up between 4-5am either starving or aching from sleeping on my side all night.
  5. Eat something and check email trying to help myself go back to sleep.
  6. Wake up from my alarm at 6am only to push snooze for 10 minutes. Then get out of bed.

I can't wait to see my sleeping pattern after Calvin is born. I think this intermediate stage is only beginning to prepare me for the sleepless nights yet to come. I'm just grateful I still get sleep during the night.

4 comments:

Steven said...

I think Jessica would take an afternoon nap, then exercise, go get a snow cone (it was hot in July and August), and then go to bed at around 8pm. I hope that you are not a deep sleeper like I am. Otherwise your baby will not eat at night. Jessica had to wake me up to help her because I could tune the monitor out at night pretty good. I will laugh if Trevor is the light sleeper and has to wake you up to help him when the baby is crying.
PS - I try that sleepy reasoning with Jessica and she pulls me off the couch right then. She has not let me sleep in non-pajama wear at night since we've been married.

Jen said...

Okay, that explains why I see you online so early in the mornings now. :-) You'll find yourself taking more and more little naps here and there these last 8 weeks if you are able to. Yes, those pre-pregnancy routines are a memory now.... good thing you recorded it. I wonder if I ever had a routine like that!

Sarah said...

Welcome to the third trimester Lindsay! I agree that it is nice that you write everything down now. John is the heavy sleeper in our relationship too, but when I am expecting it is me!

Maria and Ryan said...

Lindsay I love you! I'm totally the same and I'm just glad somebody else is as silly as me. I feel like I must be really lazy, but I just have zero motivation...ZERO.

Thanks for the opportunity to empathize! --Maria