Having a baby is definitely an adjustment we are going through right now, but we love being parents despite all the challenges that accompany parenthood. I wouldn't have my life any other way right now. Every day gets a little better and a little easier to handle. I honestly don't know how people handle twins as I have a hard enough time caring for one child! We have been blessed with a good baby who doesn't cry unless he is either tired, hungry, needs a diaper change, or has an air bubble in him.
One thing we have noticed about Calvin is that he is really strong. He could lift his head up since the day he was born. He has also already tried stretching his legs in order to stand. I think he is really excited to be alive and trying everything out on his new body as soon as he can. Calvin also loves to be held and loves it when people sing to him.
One thing I have noticed about myself is that I am much more weepy than I used to be. It could just be the hormones, but for a while I couldn't sing through a primary song without balling. I also start to cry whenever I think about all the experiences Calvin will get to have in life and when I think about how recent it was he was in Heaven. It has definitely made me ponder the plan of salvation a whole lot more than I have in a long time.
One thing I have noticed about Trevor is that he is such a good daddy. He changes diapers, sings to Calvin, reads him stories, cuddles with him, and takes really good care of mommy (me) by fixing all her meals, doing the dishes, and anything else she asks him to do for her. I couldn't ask for a better husband/father.
We leave for California one week from today! We are excited for the new experiences we will have. We are praying Calvin will travel well in the car. Well, Calvin is starting to wake up now so I guess I'm done with this post! Here are some more pictures. Enjoy!
One thing we have noticed about Calvin is that he is really strong. He could lift his head up since the day he was born. He has also already tried stretching his legs in order to stand. I think he is really excited to be alive and trying everything out on his new body as soon as he can. Calvin also loves to be held and loves it when people sing to him.
One thing I have noticed about myself is that I am much more weepy than I used to be. It could just be the hormones, but for a while I couldn't sing through a primary song without balling. I also start to cry whenever I think about all the experiences Calvin will get to have in life and when I think about how recent it was he was in Heaven. It has definitely made me ponder the plan of salvation a whole lot more than I have in a long time.
One thing I have noticed about Trevor is that he is such a good daddy. He changes diapers, sings to Calvin, reads him stories, cuddles with him, and takes really good care of mommy (me) by fixing all her meals, doing the dishes, and anything else she asks him to do for her. I couldn't ask for a better husband/father.
We leave for California one week from today! We are excited for the new experiences we will have. We are praying Calvin will travel well in the car. Well, Calvin is starting to wake up now so I guess I'm done with this post! Here are some more pictures. Enjoy!
I love this face Calvin makes!
Aunt Kathryn doing a good job keeping him calm.
Another hilarious face
Kathryn singing Calvin's lullaby to him.

6 comments:
I'm sorry if you've already said this ... but, what part of CA are you living in? Hopefully you'll be close enough so we can get together every once in a while! :)
Your little Calvin is sooo cute, I love your blog and reading all your stories. I remember those transitional days all too well and I remember the tears also. Just remember that if they overtake you to call your OB and get some meds. Postpartum is real and you don't have to go it alone. Or, you can just bare it out like I did, I used to think all the same things you did and would have sooo many tears. Welcome to motherhood and trust me it only gets better from here on out. Enjoy every precious moment because they flee all too fast. See you around on the blog!
I love those baby faces too where they make an "O" with their lips.
It is hormones Lindsay. For me it was bad for about a week and then went away. Jen said with each baby they got worse for her, but she would need to confirm that one.
I am glad that Trevor is taking good care of you and the baby. Good luck with the drive!
Gordon and Chrissy, we will be living in Mountain View, CA. That's about a 5 hour drive from Mountain View to Valencia. Hopefully we'll be able to meet up at some point!
It is definitely an adjustment - nothing anyone tells you can prepare you for it. And it does get easier! I've often wondered how people do it with twins, too. I was pretty emotional the first two weeks after Eden was born - I still can cry pretty easily, though, whenever I hear, read, or watch anything that has to do with mothers and the love they have for their children.
I remember bawling the first time I sang DJ "Teach Me to Walk" when he was a few days old and realizing the awesome responsibility I had to teach him (here come the tears again...) I cry so much more as a mother, especially as they hit special milestones in their life. I think it is just part of being a mom.
Sarah is right, though, I had postpartum and it did get worse with each one. I was able to avoid the drugs through exercise. As soon as you feel up to it, get out and exercise however you enjoy it. It really helps in different ways.
The first weeks of nursing your hormones are really bad and out of control (mine were at least). Just endure it -it does end - and cry away... treasuring the time you get with a sweet newborn. The time passes all too quickly!!
Post a Comment