Saturday, June 14, 2008

Golden Gate Park

To follow up my last post, here's another picture of Calvin with an invention to keep his pacifer in. He came up with this one himself!


Trevor and I have decided that we are going to do something fun together every weekend. Today we went to Golden Gate Park in San Francisco. It was really fun and we enjoyed seeing the greenery.
Here are a couple of photos showing the highlights.

This is a waterfall that we saw near the beginning of our walk. It makes white chocolate. It churns the chocolate up, makes it light and frothy. In fact, this park is the only park in the world to make their white chocolate by waterfall!


We also went to a rose garden along the way. It wasn't as large as the one we went to last summer in Oregon, but it was still very pretty.


This one looks like snow.


Those are some big bunches of roses!



Look at the size of that beaut, blimey!


These flowers were interesting. They're called "Hot Cocoa," they're magenta with swirls of brown throughout. Very pretty.



We saw this plant near the De Young museum. These leaves are ginormous!


Last but cutest, here's several pictures of Calvin in his stroller wearing really cute outfits! We bundled him up to keep him warm. He actually did pretty well and slept most of the time.


3 comments:

Jen said...

Cool pictures and beautiful flowers! I cannot believe you are wearing a jacket!! I think it was like 111 here today! Wanna come visit?! :0)

Sarah said...

I love Golden Gate park! I am glad you are taking time to "smell the roses". Give Calvin the chance, he will figure out how to solve his own problems...

Anonymous said...

What a fun day for you! I bet grandma would love those roses in her backyard. I can't believe how big they are.

Calvin looks quite content. His hats provide plenty of shade for him! What a cutie!!!