With all the crisis in the world, I'm so grateful for a Heavenly Father who listens to and answers my simple prayers. I had to go to Safeway this morning to buy a few items and this was the first time I have ventured outside with Calvin by myself. After feeding him and changing his diaper I knew it was the best time to leave. Well, he happened to start screaming as soon as I put him in his car seat. I figured I was in for a long/grueling trip. He continued to scream the entire way to the grocery store while I said many prayers hoping he would be okay in the store. As soon as I took him out of the car, he immediately stopped crying. I look at him and he is conked out cold. I chuckled and very gratefully said a 'Thank You' prayer. He slept until I got to the checkout and then started screaming again. I gave him a pacifier and he went back to sleep and slept another couple hours (which is rare for him). Even though this may not have mattered in the grand scheme of things, it certainly made a difference in my day today!
2 comments:
I remember those prayers! I was so grateful to have more than one child in the backseat. I would drive by myself and not sure if I was grateful that he was crying so I knew he was breathing and ok, or if he was silent and I was afraid he wasn't ok. (It was dark, so I could not see the mirror.)
Tender mercies are wonderful though. Even more wonderful when we recognize them for what they are!
Lindsay, I love reading your blogs because they so closely resemble my own struggles right now. Only, except I have 2 little joys to pray will be okay in the store--yikes! My one consolation is that I know it will get better--hang in there! Marshall seems to be on the same schedule as Calvin @ night--up at 3 & 6. Anyway, Calvin is the cutest little thing! And your apartment looks nice too!
Love ya!
Post a Comment