Trevor took the GRE on Thursday and did well on it. Whew! We are BOTH glad that's over! There are just a few things left that he has to do to get his application complete. Hooray! We also found out this week that Trevor received a scholarship from BYU for next year! We feel very blessed right now.
On Friday night, we went to Red Robin for dinner. We only go twice a year--on Trevor's birthday and my birthday. We are going to Cold Stone Creamery either next week or the week after. That's another place we only go twice a year. The ice cream is way too rich (and expensive) for us to go any more than that.
After dinner, we decided that we just couldn't wait for the boxed set of Harry Potter to come out (it comes out September 18th), so we decided to go and buy the 7th book at midnight. We were going to go to Borders or Barnes and Noble, but you had to reserve it or wait until at least 1:00 am. Not gonna happen... So we saw that they were selling it 40% off at QFC (Kroger store) and went there instead. There weren't that many people there, and we were the first ones in line to buy it at midnight! We stayed up that night and read the first chapter out loud together. Then we decided to both read it at the same time, but individually so we could read faster. So Trevor will read a chapter, then I'll read a chapter, and then we can talk about it and what we think is going to happen. It's great! We are really enjoying the book so far.
Saturday was a very relaxing day for us. We didn't do a whole lot, but that was the point--it was relaxing. Trevor made omelettes for breakfast and they were soooo good! Trevor is such a good cook! I feel so blessed to have a husband who likes and wants to cook. Then I opened birthday presents (did I mention Saturday was my birthday?) and Trevor got me the "Best of the Monkeys" CD and the DVD "Persuasion" (Jane Austen). He was also going to buy me some clothes so we went shopping downtown. I couldn't find anything (at least in our price range) so we decided to go shopping when we get back to Provo or in California or Arizona. In the evening, Trevor made fajitas for dinner and hot fudge brownie sundaes with turtle brownies and Spumoni ice cream for dessert. I was in heaven! We also went to Sam's club to get gas and just walk around the store. I love to window shop so it was fun for me to get out and look at stuff. It was a good birthday all in all. We are going to see Harry Potter 5 in the IMAX theater on Monday also for my birthday. We were going to go on Saturday but they were all sold out. They even have the last 20 minutes of the movie in 3-D! We are way excited!
I can't believe we are going to be here only 4 more weeks! Time has flown by. We've really enjoyed our summer here. We are planning on going to Mt. Rainier this coming Saturday. We've heard it's beautiful.
Our internships are going well. I'll let Trevor discuss his, but mine is getting better and better the more I understand what people are talking about. I've learned so much about immunology and just how things work at the HVTN. It's also nice to start seeing some of the finished products that I have been working on this summer. I've also started to walk home from work, which gives me a good 40 minutes of walking each weekday. I'll have to take pictures and give you the tour so you can see the parts of Seattle I walk past on my way home. I was going to do it on Friday, but it was raining, and I didn't want to give you a false impression of the weather ;o). In all honesty, I just didn't want to get my camera wet.
Well, until I write again, I hope everyone has a great week!
First week of Christmas
6 years ago

3 comments:
Sounds like a fun b-day! Don (jr) is sooo jealous you are seeing the Harry Potter movie at the IMAX.
Sounds like a great birthday. What a sweet husband. :) We love reading about how you all are doing. Keep updating us on how the internships are going and how Seattle life is. :) Enjoy your last four weeks! Time is flying this summer!!!
Let us know how you like the movie. It is here at the IMAX as well. Good husbands are a nice thing to have around!
Post a Comment