Sunday, July 29, 2007

Mount Rainier the Beautiful!


We went to Mt. Rainier yesterday and everything people have told us about it is true. It is absolutely gorgeous! I can't get over the lush green trees, wild flowers, rivers, lakes, and soooo many bugs! I'm glad we brought bug spray, although we both managed to still get bit. It was so much fun though! It took us about two hours to drive there and we went hiking to this place called Upper Palisades Lakes. It was 7 miles round trip and it gave new meaning to the phrase "uphill both ways". My body definitely feels it today! We left our home around 9 am and got back at 5 pm - 5 hours driving, 3 hours hiking. The hike was absolutely beautiful. There were lots of pretty lakes along the way, wild flowers, and lots and lots of pine trees. The weather was also perfect for hiking! We had brought jackets just in case it rained, but we didn't need them at all. We highly recommend going to Mt. Rainier if you ever are up in Seattle. It is definitely worth the drive! Even if you aren't much for hiking, the drive itself is really pretty.

Surprisingly when we got home I had a lot more energy than I thought I would. I worked on my poster the rest of the night and Trevor read Harry Potter and straightened up the house.


Here we are on the top of the mountain at the beginning of the trail.

These are our silly faces.


Mt. Rainier

Trevor among the wild flowers.
Here's a closer look...

The hills are alive, with the sound of music!
Trevor by a waterfall.
Just beautiful!

Lindsay pointing the way we're going to go.

Sunset Lake

"Trevor... take the picture fast so I can swat this bug!"

"Eat your heart out Flagstaff, Arizona!"

5 comments:

Jen said...

Wow!! That is beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful memory for you! I've never been there, but I would love to see it. I love your pictures!

Jess said...

It's even more beautiful than I remember - it's looks like you had nice weather, too!

Sarah said...

When you come in August, Jonathan will have to show you his silly faces for pictures.

What a great day the two of you had!

GordonandChrissy said...

That is so pretty! You should blow up some of those pictures and frame them, they're great! The little stream with the large rocks and the view of the mountains, wow. Looks like a fun time. What a beautiful hike.