Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Article about 6 Food Mistakes Parents Make

I read this interesting article tonight about feeding children. None of the information is earth-shattering, but I thought it might appeal to some people who read this blog. I thought maybe someone could glean a new insight to try with their kids.

6 Food Mistakes Parents Make


I can remember not liking some things when I was younger such as squash, bell pepper, cheesecake (umm... probably not the best example), sourdough bread, plain milk. I had to try these items many times before I acquired a taste for them (it took until college but I now eat them willingly!). I'm grateful my parents still served me foods I disliked eating while I was growing up.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey - where's a picture of Calvin? You could at least show him eating some chocolate pudding or something. You need to keep his pictures updated. ... Lonely grandma

Sarah said...

Lindsay, I remember you were always wanting something else for dinner. Don't forget you did not like anything from the fruit or vegetable group.

I also know that it takes at least 20-30 times before we know if we like something or not.

The article just reminded me why I don't have certain things in my home...

Lindsay said...

I don't remember that at all! That must have been when I was really little. In any case, that would make me a prime example of what this article is trying to get across because I love all fruits and vegetables now.

Sarah said...

You were really little then maybe 5-7 years old. You did not find it fair that you had to eat what we served at the table. A few times I needed to rush off and so I made me a quick sandwich. You would BEG me to make you one too so you did not have to eat salad!

GordonandChrissy said...

That was a great article and very timely. About two days ago, Gordon and I were talking about this very issue! He has a couple of vegetables that he really dislikes and was worried about our kids not wanting to try them just because he didn't like them. We were talking about how we can help them to be open-minded even towards foods that we don't particularly like.

And ... wa la! You post this article and our questions are answered! Thanks. :)

T and B said...

Thanks for sharing that article. Martha has become a picky eater these last few months and so I am on the search for good ways to help her eat healthy.

Congratulations on your decision to go to California. I'm sure it is nice to have that decision made so that you can start planning. Good luck!