Thursday, September 25, 2008

Tis the season for peaches!

Daddo (Trevor's grandpa) invited me to his home to can peaches on Wednesday. I thought, "Oh, this will be great! We will have a couple jars of peaches to enjoy in the future!" Little did I know I would be going home with 16 jars of peaches! It was a lot of fun and I got to know Trevor's cousins Rachel and Stephanie better. We also made peach cobbler and I got to bring some home for Trevor.


Calvin has been really cute lately (well actually... he's always been cute). He is finding his voice and loves to babble, squeal, shout, and I'm pretty sure he's trying to sing along with the car radio when we drive somewhere. He also does this horse impression that is really funny. I'll try and get it on video. You know how kids are... once the camera turns on, they stop doing whatever it is you wanted to get on camera.

I find his socks have been soaking wet lately. Ah yes, this would explain it:
Wouldn't you love to be this flexible?

5 comments:

Jen said...

Yum! Calvin is sooooo cute!!

Anonymous said...

Kathryn brought a case of peaches home on Monday. Now I've got to bottle them before they go bad. That's a real treat in the winter to eat bottled peaches! Oh my, Calvin is getting so big. Keep sending those sweet pictures.

GordonandChrissy said...

Yum, look at all of those peaches! That's so great! :)

katie said...

The peaches look great. Canning with Dad-O is Fabulous, he knows so much.
Oh this is Trevor's cousin Katie

Sarah said...

I am glad that your first experience canning peaches went well.

My favorite time with babies is 4-6 months. They are so aware of their world and yet are not yet mobile! :-)